Brisbane River Bream & Snapper Comp

Angus

That sounds pretty good angus. Ill probs just come along for a good day out landbased breaming, just get a pic and release the suckers, wont enter cant be stuff carting around a livewell lol. Most of the bream landbased in the river are in the 20's anyway. I recon the winning heaviest Combined length of 2 bream will be around 65. And the snapper around 60 ;).

Is it bait or lure? or just lure/fly?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feral wrote:

Yeah, then depending on the esky, fill the bottom half with 10mm drill holes and you have a floating fish keeper that needs nothing else!

I gotta admit, for an old fella he's pretty clever!:kiss: With it constant receiving fresh water, it will have plenty of air and temperature controlledB) I wouldn't want to tow it around from a yak though:silly: BTW I don't think I'll volunteer my esky either:P

Ah ya woosie - recycland is your friend for this sort of stuff!

If the yaks are just cruising around throwing lures I dont reckon they would notice the weight. For cruising along, just lift out of the water and put it on the yak. That would mean being a bit cunning with hole placement, (on the sides only) so the esky kept enough water in it to keep the fish wet.

If you had two tubs 300 x 600mm that slot in to each other you could fit one to your yak with no holes so it holds water. The other one with holes and float could just be moved in and out of the water when you move so your fish still get air and temperate water.

so hoiw long is this comp on for?one day?two etc?

also wil you be able to fish the rock wall of the river as there can be soem pretty good catch's of fish there at times and its a great part of the river.

any idea of the prizes?entry fee etc?

i think the idea of measurign the fish for the yackers/boaters is a good idea if they dont have a live well as i feel it may be dangerous dragging around a esky...some of those boats put up some big wash..maybe ppl can geta brag mat and make them include something in the pic that wouldnt normally be in there to verify that the fish as been caught on the day...ie putting a milk bottle cap on the bream in the pic...surely nobody has done this in a previous photo?

fishyman wrote:

there are programs available that you can quickly check if a photo has been shopped or not. it has something to do with the pixels not alinging properly if it has been edited.

Yep;) Or you can just zoom in and it is usually pretty obvious.

For the guys in the yak, You wont need a very big esky to keep the bream alive. In an ABT comp they reccomend a 60l Livewell for up to 10 fish, although that may be fairly squashed. Somethign like a 30liter esky should be fine. Ive got one that I was going to use for the same sorta thing on my yak, but never got down to doing it.

Im looking forward to this comp! Better start prefishing soon:lol:

Cheers

Angus will sort it, he always does!

I even went and bought a "bream lure" today, an elcheapo ET rebranded sprog. Just to see if I can actually cast one.

Perhaps I have finally found something I cant chuck down the back paddock if it doesn't work!

I weighed in a 58cm squire live last brc in a 60lt esky started to go a bit belly up waiting for the weigh in to open but still swam away eventually, If I have too I will take 2 eskies or catch my squire first than come back later with some breambos ando will be tuffer but should still get a few there is always a few around maybe just not as good in size

Hey guys chances of Kayaks being allowed will be slim to none. Unless you are willing to pay full vehicle insurance for your yak, which i doubt. Im sorry but AFO cannot be left liable for that sort of thing.

This is why i try and create comps for everyone. Hence the Hinze Dam Kayak Camp/Comp which fulls under the insurance of Sports Tuition.

Therefore at the moment the AFO Bream & Snapper Comp will most likely be Boats only (boats with insurance i might add). Unless you want to try your luck land based :)

Angus

Angus wrote:

Hey guys chances of Kayaks being allowed will be slim to none. Unless you are willing to pay full vehicle insurance for your yak, which i doubt. Im sorry but AFO cannot be left liable for that sort of thing.

This is why i try and create comps for everyone. Hence the Hinze Dam Kayak Camp/Comp which fulls under the insurance of Sports Tuition.

Therefore at the moment the AFO Bream & Snapper Comp will most likely be Boats only (boats with insurance i might add). Unless you want to try your luck land based :)

Angus

What's the issue exactly with the insurance? What would AFO be liable for on yak's ?

Paul like any event organised by a business or group what happens to people while competing the organisors are liable for.

For example BRC insurance is considerable becuase of the large boundaries of the comp, the fact there are hooks, knives etc involved. Insurance companies take all these things into consideration. We were not even able to allow boats to compete without insurance in the classic or we would not have aqquired the permits to be allowed to host the comp in the first place.

The extra premium for kayaks is massive.

Now i know most AFO guys are like "well its not like we would sue if something happened". But im not sure family members would be a laid back if someone was say taken out by a city cat during the comp :P

At the end of the day its red tape. But red tape we must conform to.

Angus

To answer some other question.

It will be a one day event.

Entry fee I will keep to a minimum, most pikely around the $30-40 dollar mark.

Prizes: This will completely depend on my success attracting a new major sponsor to the site since Tackleworld closed. Either way there will be prizes. But if I can lock in a new sponsor the prizes will be better :)

Angus

Archived