Brisbane River Bream & Snapper Comp-Official Post

Angus

Dear AFO members,

This post is to detail the ins and outs of the upcoming Brisbane River Bream & Snapper Competition 2008.

Event: This competition will be held on the 20th July 2008 and is open to both lure and bait fishermen. Although not mandatory, live weigh ins are strongly encouraged, however we do understand if your boat does not have the facilities to make this a reality.

Time: The competition will kick off at 5:30am on July the 20th and will conclude at 3:00pm sharp on the same day. Registrations will be made via email and you do not need to register with the event organizers before commencing fishing. Your honesty in adhering to these time frames will be most appreciated. Anyone found to have caught fish outside the designated time frames will be regretfully disqualified.

Location: You may launch your boats anywhere you choose. However I would suggest Comslie boat ramp is the best place to do this as that's where the final Weigh In and BBQ will occur.

Categories: There will be, as the name of the competition suggests 2 major categories for this event:

1. Heaviest Bream.

2. Heaviest Snapper/Squire.

Prizes:

Heaviest Bream

1st: 150 mtr Spool - Platypus Superbraid 4lb, 1 x Shimano Ultegra Leader 6lb, 1x Pkt Decoy Y-S21 Trebles Size 4, 1x Pkt Decoy Y-S21 Trebles Size 2, 1 x 6 inch GULP Sandworm Nuclear Chicken, 1 x 2 inch GULP Shrimp Moulting, Dizzy Garlic Scent

2nd: 1 x Linesystem Leader 10lb,1x Shimano Ultegra Leader 12lb, Dizzy Garlic Scent, 3 inch GULP Squid Lime Tiger, 3 inch GULP Squid Sugar Spice, 1x 3 inch GULP Pogy Glow, 1 x GULP Sandworm Green

3rd: 1x Shimano Ultegra Leader 12lb, Dizzy Garlic Scent,3 inch GULP Squid Lime Tiger, 3 inch GULP Squid Sugar Spice,

Heaviest Snapper/ Squire

1st: Loomis DSR820 4-8lb 6'10" Custom Eva Split Grip, Full Fuji Sics, AFO Colour theme.

2nd: Shakespeare Abyss 1.65m Action: Heavy (5-10kg) Baitcaster. Shimano Ultegra Leader 12lb.

3rd: Shakespeare Abyss 1.65m Action: Heavy (5-10kg) Baitcaster.

Entry procedure:

To register for this competition please email the following details in an email titled Bream & Snapper Registration to: angus@australianfishing.com.au :

Name:

Username:

Boater or Non Boater:

Contact Phone:

Cost: The competition entry fee is $30. All competitors will also receive a AFO patch. A BBQ at the conclusion of the competition is also included in the price. Payments can be made to the following bank account:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Spirit Of AFO: Just a quick note to say that although there are prizes available, the primary point of this comp is for fun! If any AFO members who would be so kind as to take out a boatless person, I'm sure it would much appreciated.

Registered Competitors:

1. Angus Gorrie

2. Andrew Kennedy

3. Ray Kennedy

4. Jeff Flynn

5. Malcolm West

6. James Wahry

7. Denis Wahry

8. Ray Walker

9. Jake Walker

10. Brad Butcher

11. Baden Phillips

12. Liesbeth Thie

13. Jason Baker

14. Andrew Boyd

15. Rod Vardy

16. Kath Vardy

17. Ben Ebelt

18. Shaun Leong

19. Craig Barron

20. Tristan Mason

21. Andrew Matis

22. Michael Athernos

23. Brian Ellis

24. Terry Hessey

25. Lee Strachan

26. Terry Langham

27. Ian Pollock

28. Greg Booth

29. Joshua Miller

30. Garry Oster

31. Richard Alt

32. Ash Andersen

33. George Ellias

34. Nic Keech

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have the facilities to keep a decent size one alive and I won't get home till late Sunday night so I don't think it would last to well dead. Its not a big issue just wondering wether I should try and figure out how to catch snapper before this weekend or stick to bream fishing.

Cheers Jayson, dont really think there will serious set up though.

Everyone: Courtesy of Ray and Jake Walker and Rod and Kath Vardy, we will have some awesome additional prizes for the the Bream category and snapper category.

Each category will also have a 2nd and 3rd place prize.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived