Brisbane River Classic Fishing Competition 2008

AFO

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jimmybob wrote:

yeah i reckon it will fire up for the weekend:)

im wondering how many people are fishing kookaburra park?..hows that been fishing of late?

fresh as and looks like coffee milk

havent tried it for about a month personally

a couple of mates tried it 2 weeks ago and got a few runs from bullies

With a lot of us on the river for the BRC, I thought it would be timely to list some legal sizes for species you may encounter.

Measurements are in cm and are taken from the QLD DPI site.

Cod (estuary): 35 min 120 max

Australian bass : 30 min

Bream : (pikey and yellow finned) 23 min

Flathead : Bar-tailed 30 min

: Dusky (mud) 40 min 70 max

: Sand 30 min

Jewfish/Mulloway : Silver 45 min

Mangrove jack : 35 min

Salmon - (Threadfin) : King/Burnett 40 min

Snapper : 35 min

Tailor : 30 min

Whiting (golden lined and sand) : 23 min

There are lots of other species that you may come accross, but I reckon these are the most likely:)

Rocket

The photo section will be explained at the pre-fish briefing. You will need to take a photo with the whole fish and with the unique item you will be given in the same photo. You will then need to email the photo to photoentry@australianfishing.com.au with the photo and accompanying details:-

Angler Name:

Team Number: (which you will be given when you are briefed)

Species:

Length:

Where Caught:

Time Caught:

Story of Capture (Optional):

The photo must clear and easy to read the length and must be provided to AFO in digital format (jpeg) no later than close of weigh-in on Sunday to be eligible for prizes.

TerryH wrote:

Feral: Cmon mate. While I'm not participating, The Bent Hookers was 2 anglers, and I didn't win it the first year. While I'm not fishing, doesn't mean others aren't.

awe, alright then no photo's :(

Jake, you need a new job if that mob are working you 24 hours a day!

I cant remember what time HQ opens, and there's now so many posts I cant be bothered looking through them all!

I'll be rolling up around 8:30ish this morning, hoping the fellas have had a chance to setup ok by then.

• 2 weeks later...

trwarren83 wrote:

What are the dates for next year?

Dates are not set in stone but almost certainly one of the last two weekends of November.

Also keep an eye for other event announcments.

* Bream & Snapper Comp.

* Winter Camp.

* Saratoga Comp.

* Kayak Camp.

And hopefully a few more.

Cheers.

Angus

This may be a stupid question

Is there a place on the website where all the upcoming event information is held?

Just had a brief look at that event section and its just the recently past ones. Are this years ones unlisted because the logistics are still being fianlised?

I'm not at all complaining, i love the BRC and AFO. Just was wondering if i was missing something, i'm really bad at navigating websites, lol. Plus i'm super keen for most of the competitions and camps this year and that means i'll have to give work a fair bit of notice.

Thanks heaps guys

P.s. sorry about putting this in this thread, i jsut saw the other comment before it.

DG89 wrote:

This may be a stupid question

Is there a place on the website where all the upcoming event information is held?

Just had a brief look at that event section and its just the recently past ones. Are this years ones unlisted because the logistics are still being fianlised?

I'm not at all complaining, i love the BRC and AFO. Just was wondering if i was missing something, i'm really bad at navigating websites, lol. Plus i'm super keen for most of the competitions and camps this year and that means i'll have to give work a fair bit of notice.

Thanks heaps guys

P.s. sorry about putting this in this thread, i jsut saw the other comment before it.

Dont be sorry no problem.

The dates are being finalised. as soon as they are the details will be in the upcoming events and calendar.

Stay tuned!!

Angus

cpetrie wrote:

how much experience do you need to fish one of those comps?

or is it basically if you can throw a line you can do it?

Mate none at all.

The first winter camp I took my wife, my sister and a friend Jaharn. All three girls had never freshwater fished (in Jaharns case ever fished!!) and all walked away with over 10 Bass. A good by product of having some live shrimp to use. Any camp I organise with sports tuition is ideal for beginners and experienced members alike.

Also in the nature of AFO you will find the majority of the experienced guys and girls more than happy to dish out some info and assistance.

I would highly reccomend the Winter Camp to you as a beginner and a good chance to meet some more of the crew.

Cheers

Angus

Angus wrote:

cpetrie wrote:
how much experience do you need to fish one of those comps?

or is it basically if you can throw a line you can do it?

Mate none at all.

The first winter camp I took my wife, my sister and a friend Jaharn. All three girls had never freshwater fished (in Jaharns case ever fished!!) and all walked away with over 10 Bass. A good by product of having some live shrimp to use. Any camp I organise with sports tuition is ideal for beginners and experienced members alike.

Also in the nature of AFO you will find the majority of the experienced guys and girls more than happy to dish out some info and assistance.

I would highly reccomend the Winter Camp to you as a beginner and a good chance to meet some more of the crew.

Cheers

Angus

thanks mate. i'll try and get to that. i've ahd one shot at NPD with no luck but i thinkthe time of day wasn't ideal for bass luring.

Archived