2008 BRC Day One - Weighin Summary

AFO

Great fish ray .... i dont know what tops a 120cm threadfin other then a 140cm threadfin..

I just got back from a night session was a hard fish tonight but managed to get a bullshark in the boat at arround 101cm to the fork of the tail. about 110cm to the tip of tail. Man its hard to get a clear picture of the shark at night while it is in the boat and me trying to hold the secreat tape along the shark at the same time.

and to get it so clear so that u can have the whole shark in the pic as well as c the markings on the tape.. i found it easier to film it and zoom in to c the tape.

and i also got onehundred and fifty reasons to leave my mast light on at all times from the friendly water police...

I know thier just doing thier job. well off to get some sleep so i can :fishing: sooner.

me and fergie fished the sunken wall for a few hours and were hounded by some big catties(emails sent) and managed to score my first bully of the year..took a live mullet pinned through the nose...was stoked...

during the day fishing was very frustrating with all the debris coming out of the river..we managed a few bream,cod and catties but only weighed in to little fellas in the high 20's:blush: ..but we are coming first and second..so far:P

i know some people have jobs and stuff, but i wish there was a better turn out for day one of the comp:(

now i must sleep as i have a bad case of sea legs!

cyas tomorrow:fishing: [img size=240]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC00636.jpg

post-180-144598480609_thumb.jpg

Looks like we shoulda headed down the river rather than up it, but was keen to avoid all the bad smells you get downstream from the Gateway. Unfortunately it didn't make much difference with shortie onboard .....he's gotta change his diet :pinch: :X :whistle:No joke - there were blokes from 3 separate boats complaining:unsure:

Nice way to start Ray!:woohoo: and nice bully JB:woohoo:

Intriguing Terry, Sounds like we have something to look forward to!

Onya Jimmybob and Jeff, looking good for an excellent catch this year, I was worried it would be slim pickings with all the recent rain. You might have got that shark earlier Jimmybob if you hadn't weighed your good livies! ;)

ellicat wrote:

Looks like we shoulda headed down the river rather than up it, but was keen to avoid all the bad smells you get downstream from the Gateway. Unfortunately it didn't make much difference with shortie onboard .....he's gotta change his diet :pinch: :X :whistle:No joke - there were blokes from 3 separate boats complaining:unsure:

Nice way to start Ray!:woohoo: and nice bully JB:woohoo:

HAd a great night on the water fellas. The pizza delivered to us on the river at breaky creek was sensational.

I enjoyed it going in more than coming out.

Unfortunatelly the force wasnt with us last night. runing repairs today and hopefully we will be on the water again tonight.

shortie wrote:

The force is dead. So not fishing from it tonight.

However where there is a will there is a way.

Brian and I will be there. Without the force

it's a goer, picking the boat up at 3 oclock, just needs fuel and some fish, might hit the mouth up tonite, bring some bait!!!!. 3 pillies should do it lol

Gad wrote:

Enjoyed the video fellas,

especially where Ferals having a talk fest,then Ray pulls the net and thready over into the boat,..something to do with Murphy`s Law,Ray.???

cheers

Gotta wait for the second person to lift the fish out of the water so the net doesn't collapse!

Archived