State Of Origin Fishing Comp 2009!!!

Angus

Brian D wrote:

Feral wrote:
Brian D wrote:
If I book a cabin does anyone want to share the space

Brian,

What nights you going?

Ray, myself and the boys will be coming down, so far I only have a leave pass for saturday night from the missus. The boys and I will probably camp, but I reckon Ray would appreciate a bed!

If I can swing it from the missus I'll be trying for an extra night, but wont know until a day or two before, when she gets her final roster for the weekend (she is working casual).

If I camp I can book the extra night and it doesn't matter if I leave early, it'll only be 25 bucks blown.

I spoke with Ray by phone while he's in China - sorry Ray about the extra charges ray I didn't realise. Anyway he has asked me to save him a bed in the cabin, Will do Ray, no worries, there's always a bed for you at my place. :kiss:

Problem - now wifie say she wants to come again. arrrrrrrr :blink:

Answer - do what Shortie did and go down for a prefish this weekend, take wifie and so she won't want to follow me down for the comp.B)

Risk - what if she has a good time:blush:

Lozza - we are in the cabin next door to you.

Bloody Hell Thats wrecked a good week-end :laugh: :laugh:

Nah alls Good Chilly will be a great week-end ;) Even though your batting for the OTHERSIDE now :laugh:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nickers wrote:

Hi Angus,

Tom has talked me into coming.. i'll send you an email in the next couple of days with all the details.

Nic

Ha ha ha thanks for the heads up. Im sure you will have a good time as I imagine (for some at least) it should be a fairly laid back casual affair in an awesome location.

Angus

Question - seeing Qld'ers don't have daylight saving does this mean they have to start fishing an hour later? I suppose it doesn't matter as they'll loose anyway.

Question 2 - Is this an outside comp? Can we fish outside the bar? Yes

Question 3 - Can we fish from the north wall? Yes

Just a heads up NSW. dont be fooled by those of us QLDers that are saying its a casual relaxing affair. there are going to be some serious anglers to contend with this weekend.

just be warned that an ass kicking is a 100% chance on your belhalves :laugh:

maxi wrote:

hey guys ,

just spoken to the ferry reserve park at bruns... some water front camping sites are still available atm for our weekend of war ..:laugh: :laugh:

ive booked sites 139 and 142 which are powered sites for our headquaters...

some areas are available for leaving the boats in over nights but the ramp is on site anyway.... there is a designated area for trailer parking next to site 160.... no problems with trailer parking for those who wish to pull there boats out nightly...

main ferry reserve park site ....

/>http://www.ferryreserve.com.au/?D=27

u can download a map of site in pdf file here also so you can understand what im saying here ..... very reasonable rates with options for late departures etc....

they know what were up to, so just tell them your from AFO and coming down to nsw to get flogged in a fishing comp and they will understand ..:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo: :woohoo: :P :P

cheers guys and gals

Maxi

see trailer park beside site 160 ;) get the nsw guys to take there boat out at night and park them .

then i can get the kids to let there tyres down ;) that will slow em down. :laugh:

TerryH wrote:

Brian, as to Q2: It says on the front page; Location: Brunswick River.

So off that, since outside the bar is not the river, I would say the answer is no. Just like the BRC is in the river, this too would be in the river (the brunswick river)

WHERE:

The event will be held at Brunswick Heads in northern New South Wales. Brunswick heads offers a vast array of fishing opportunities including estuary fishing both land based and boat, break wall fishing, beach fishing and offshore. All avenues will be options for this event.

Well Terry you better correct the front page as I have extracted the quote directly from there. I think you better check your facts or correct the page. :P I hope you are fishing for the Qld'ers. :woohoo: :blush:

Brian D wrote:

TerryH wrote:
Brian, as to Q2: It says on the front page; Location: Brunswick River.

So off that, since outside the bar is not the river, I would say the answer is no. Just like the BRC is in the river, this too would be in the river (the brunswick river)

WHERE:

The event will be held at Brunswick Heads in northern New South Wales. Brunswick heads offers a vast array of fishing opportunities including estuary fishing both land based and boat, break wall fishing, beach fishing and offshore. All avenues will be options for this event.

Well Terry you better correct the front page as I have extracted the quote directly from there. I think you better check your facts or correct the page. :P I hope you are fishing for the Qld'ers. :woohoo: :blush:

"Location: Brunswick River @ Brunswick Heads.

That's what I was looking at. It's on the first page of this thread. In which case, sorry for the misinformation. I guess two different spots say two different locations. I would take the front page of the site would be more accurate

The comp will be based out of the Bruns River but offshore and breakwall are open if you think it would better serve you ability to capture the target species. The target species have more or less been chosen on their availabilty in the river and mouth. Sorry I thought I typed this last night only to see my own post missing :P Oh well.

Cheers.

Angus

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

i would say so too since the first page/post in this thread was talk about the comp and the front page is the official post for the comp.

gets confusing sometimes with talk about pages and the official ones. :silly:

when brian d said bar i was thinking of the pub. :laugh:

hahah fair dinkum dave you're quick.

I plan on rainsing the bar with a huge big green back from the north east area outside the bar. Once I get the winning Tailor, I'll come back inside an play in the river for the other species, although I may be able to pick up a big breambo from the rocks outside the north wall.

shortie wrote:

i dont care what fish i catch as long as the Beer is cold and the Mrs leaves me alone.

Sounds like you have conceeded and Qld'ers are defeated already! :laugh: :laugh:

Ellicat - I don't think so, unless you can cast from the north side of the tweed river all the way down to Brunswick! :P

Mighty Blues to win

HAHAH Feral but spent the first 3 years of my schooling in NSW before the move south which I had no say in nice try bud :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I feel your pain :silly: another experienced fisher on the oposing side :woohoo: your just lucky there are no offshore fish in the count or Absconded would have been there too with a whopping big V8 to make this cockroach fly ;)

Gaz

go the BLUES :P

Archived