2009 Flathead Social

Angus

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I Live with fear ...... but sometimes she let's go fishing" - quote I once saw on a T-shirt.

I'm trying to get to there tomorrow, just need to confince the minister of finance and social affairs to let me go.

I'm keen to meet some of you guys....some I'm not too sure about lol

If I get to go I need to know a few rulz.

1. Can you fish Donneybrook side of Bribie (around mission point)or is it just the passage?

2. What time do your catches start to count. ie. if I catch one at 12:01am does that count?

3. What are the rulz for using pics? - As there will be over 50 people catching flathead, that's a big cull, I would rather catch and release, to save for another day.

I did read that you need at least 2 photos, one on the brag mat (which I now have ththanks to a birthday pressie)and the other with you in it.

I did here a rumour that there needs to be a specific hand gesture, is that correct?

The other issue is I don't have a boat so I'm shore bound, plus I've never really fished for flatty, even though I've caught a 74cm one. So I'm like a blind man in a china shop, if that makes sense.

mate its a social so theres no tight guidelines on the start time, gus dosnt mind if you start tonight.... donnybrook is fine any where from caloundra to deception bay is the area im pretty sure.... if your submitting pics they need to be clear and legible on your camera LCD as there wont be any laptop there, or Gus cant be bothered to do it :laugh:

going to get up at 5 am every1 here.

1 hr for coffee and breakfast and get dressed, showers etc.

leave at 6 am .hope to get there around 8 am.

that when the second car should be here to take all the mob and the extras.

got the 7 kids me and mrs and daughter's boyfriend .

so called in a second car and 2 more people ,since the 4x4 only sits 9 my mob .

no room for boyfriends.

so got nephew and GF,in his dual cab ute and 3 of my mob ,then we can take the smaller car sits 7.

so traveling fairly light.2 rods for me 1 for each of the other fishers,esky and bbq .

takeing my small gas bbq ,as i'm not sure how many bbq's are there and going to be a lot of people there.

food simple sausages ,bread and tom and bbq sauce.maybe some onion's.

going to hang around the bbq area for a lazy day bait fishing .

if i can sneak away for a bit taking a cpl sp's and hb's for a flick.

this should be a bloody good day .new faces ,fishing ,family a bbq .tops stuff.

lol rob

i will take some light beer's for the day .

not to much long drive and a day in the sun .

the teenager's don't want to get up early.

i'm ok with that i hate mornings .

unless i'm off fishing somewhere quite .no mob allowed .

maybe just one of the older ones.still in the kid age .

the 9 to 13 age make good fishing buddies .not to many :but why questions ,and some ok conversation.

For those leaving later, and for all going home, Get out your refedex, and look at the way to and from via strathpine, Petrie and Caboolture.

Davo If your going to be around the BBQ area I might drop over for a yarn, was not sure if anyone was going to be around during the morning. I have to be a Moodlu at BBQ time (taking daughter Horse riding)

hey guys, what was the end results with the flathead? i had to leave early so i was out of the water at about 10:30am, didnt catch any flathead,

just caught 1 23cm bream on a 3inch plastic, a squirrel fish which was about 25cm, and a small whiting,

would love to hear the results, cheers guys

Archived