SOO campsite

crazywalrus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look like i will be bring the big tarp and 2 room tent (i have been to busy to fix the 1 room tent ) and i'm not sleeping in a 3 person dome tent ,that u can't even stand up in .

i would rather bring the tinny down over the popup van and the canoe .

did that last year ,no kids this year no need for the van.

even thought the van has new canvas and is nice and warm to much of a pain to bring for 2 people .

so what was i talking about ............oh yeah the tarp .

its 30 x20 feet so it will cover the whole site .

we have mookysticks on our site too so there will be tarp room for her and should be enough room to hang out under too .

the tarp mite be a bit to big for 1 site ,see when i fold it out .

mite be able to cover Malcolm and trav or jeff and ellicats site too ,or something .

anyways with all the afo and ncf peeps on the water front ,i reckon there will be enough cover and somewhere to hang out .

bootyinblue wrote:

I know I have left my run a bit late here, but it looks like I will have that weekend off. Anyone want an extra on their powered site?

I can cook, clean, but I dont do that!

Have as much or as little gear as required.

Ohhh... and yea, I will be batting for the other side!

we are a unpowered site ,but should be room for u .

our tent and 2 smaller tents should fit.

our site covers us 2 so its 13$ a night for a extra adult ,so u cover that part should be ok to camp on out site .

i found the park mangers good to deal with ,so should be any drams to add 1 or 2 people to our site .

kreel wrote:

Davo it sounds like Mookysticks has been offering herself around to all and sundry, she asked to doss down with us but you'e more than welcome to have her. :laugh:

hahaha

it was a few months ago she asked and i offered .............anyways all good camp with u guys camp with us .............whatever.

guess u snore less than me kreel :)

bootyinblue wrote:

I know I have left my run a bit late here, but it looks like I will have that weekend off. Anyone want an extra on their powered site?

If ya fishing for NSW mate we'll find somewhere on our patch to put ya, :) I'll be sleeping in my car so i don't annoy anyone with my snoring !! :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

kreel wrote:
Davo it sounds like Mookysticks has been offering herself around to all and sundry, she asked to doss down with us but you'e more than welcome to have her. :laugh:

hahaha

it was a few months ago she asked and i offered .............anyways all good camp with u guys camp with us .............whatever.

guess u snore less than me kreel :)

still not sure if i can make it guys,

but shucks :huh: it's good to feel wanted.

I figure I will just go with the suck it and see approach

I only have a swag so shouldnt be a prob

Dusky wrote:

bootyinblue wrote:

If ya fishing for NSW mate we'll find somewhere on our patch to put ya, :) I'll be sleeping in my car so i don't annoy anyone with my snoring !! :silly: :silly: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Dusky.... definately a NSW fisho. I have had a look at the map and do you have both of those front sites, or has Kreel slipped with the mouse in his old age and put your arrow in the middle?

kreel wrote:

I just updated the map with "a guy from Lismore" on site 141. Oh and you may notice a few other small changes I've made to make us lads and lassies feel welcome.

[br] Ferry_Reserve_Site_Map_v14.jpg

i think Malcolm need s title too .entrainment manager :)

travis can be my side kick /second in charge Cultural Attaché.

A cultural attaché is a diplomat with special responsibility for promoting the culture of his or her homeland. The position has been used as an official cover for intelligence agents.[citation needed] Historically, the post has often been filled by writers and artists, giving them a steady income, allowing them to do their own creative work, while promoting their own country's culture abroad.

bootyinblue wrote:

Dusky wrote:
bootyinblue wrote:

Dusky.... definately a NSW fisho. I have had a look at the map and do you have both of those front sites, or has Kreel slipped with the mouse in his old age and put your arrow in the middle?

We have both the front sites mate, 139 and 142, so we should have enough room ??

I'll be bringing the big tarp so we have plenty of cover, a BBQ and a couple of tables and chairs as well.

Cheers

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

i think Malcolm need s title too .entrainment manager :)

travis can be my side kick /second in charge Cultural Attaché.

A cultural attaché is a diplomat with special responsibility for promoting the culture of his or her homeland. The position has been used as an official cover for intelligence agents.[citation needed] Historically, the post has often been filled by writers and artists, giving them a steady income, allowing them to do their own creative work, while promoting their own country's culture abroad.

I think thats the job for you and Trav :laugh:

As for me,I entertain myself and if you lot get entertained then that's a bonus, not much management in that :woohoo:

Getting excited about this SOO

There predicting rain right up until thursday, but a low chance of rain for friday saturday and sunday ...hope there right for once. :blink:

Looks like we'll need the tarps to keep dry not for shade?? :P :laugh: :laugh:

Cheers :woohoo: :woohoo:

katfish wrote:

can accommodate car/boat, near boatramp. I use bugger all space, just me & the car,& one person tent ect.

Nice one mate our site is in front of yours so yeah my boat and trailer could go there and you will probs come out on the boat and that :)

Kreel.... get your crayons out and colour in site 6 for me! And I am sure you can attach a suitable title to my label :woohoo:

Thanks for the accomodation offers, but doing the maths on it, so much cheaper to get another site to park myself, my car and my boat on..... even if I do end up sleeping in the gutter :-)

Corner campsite = more room to move a boat and trailer in :-) :woohoo:

bootyinblue wrote:

Kreel.... get your crayons out and colour in site 6 for me! And I am sure you can attach a suitable title to my label :woohoo:

Thanks for the accomodation offers, but doing the maths on it, so much cheaper to get another site to park myself, my car and my boat on..... even if I do end up sleeping in the gutter :-)

Corner campsite = more room to move a boat and trailer in :-) :woohoo:

yeah by the time u add up the cost of 1 extra adult and a extra car .its about the same as getting your own site .

last year 2 adults and 2 kids where the covered in the site cost .

so for me with 4 extra kids the cost of paying for the 4 was 5$ less than getting a second site .

so i went a second site cover all of us ,5$ more and heap of room .

kreel wrote:

Do you think Booty could set up a road block on the corner and search any cars with a NSW number plate for contraband - you know hooks, lures, bait, tackle...

I can guarentee that any vehicle sporting NSW rego plates will be waved straight on through!

Its the QLD stuff I am more interested in impounding :dry: :silly: :laugh: :woohoo:

bootyinblue wrote:

kreel wrote:
Do you think Booty could set up a road block on the corner and search any cars with a NSW number plate for contraband - you know hooks, lures, bait, tackle...

I can guarentee that any vehicle sporting NSW rego plates will be waved straight on through!

Its the QLD stuff I am more interested in impounding :dry: :silly: :laugh: :woohoo:

Typical copper - picking on the guys doing the right thing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OOh what a feeling..bugger, decided this morning to give the 17 year old heavy cotton/canvas tent an airing for SOO.

Tent pegged out,side frames semi adjusted, centre roof rail and poles right for height adjustment,lift.....riiiip... :ohmy: jeeeez I hope that ripping noise was the seam of my daks..not to be. :(

The tunnel that the centre rail runs through from the front to the back of the tent parted company with the roof,ripped along the full length, front to back.

At that moment 1 of the side frames falls in, more ripping noises :ohmy:

While expressing my feelings slightly aloud,my lady appears to see what has happened,and after awhile says..

"as #4 lad got injured playing footy Friday night,and the weather forecast for next w/end isn`t good,we`ll stay home...why don`t you take a smaller tent to Brunswick Heads"..

Good thinking..I no longer have a serviceable larger tent!!!..after 2 months of yes we are coming,no I don`t think we`ll come with you,a firm decision has been made.

Should have aired the tent out 2 months ago. :laugh:

ah that's a bugger with the tent gad.

we had a canvas tent let go at inskip a few years ago ,strong winds and 6 kids and a dog in the tents .it was all too much for the 35 years old tent and the seams let go .

i got it packed away as one day i re restitch the seams ,the cotton that holds all the seams together let go .canvas is all ok.

Archived