2011 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

at least trevs are on the list this year. I might be in with a better chance of a place when I get sidetracked at Straddie again :whistle:

Cpt Tomca has his act together dassa. you just need to tempt some of those unstoppables too.

(and maybe one of us should try and stop abovementioned unstoppable)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT A CHANCE I got this susted from last year found all tuggers spots so this is going to be peice of cake CAPTIAN TOMCA just better get his act together :whistle: :whistle:

tuggers spots won't help ,you still need to be able to catch fish .

I couldn't catch them last year :(

In the rules it says one species per angler can be submitted, is this meant to read one entry per species per angler? or can you only bang one prize?

This has been corrected. The rule is:

* One entry per species per angler able to be submitted, you can upgrade your entry throughout the tournament if you catch a larger fish of that species.

Also refer to the AFO Event Rules and Conditions.

7. FISH:

Responsible fishing is encouraged and we recommend all fish to be released for future generations to enjoy. The tournaments are photo and release and allow sustainable fishing to be practiced so we can all enjoy the sport in many years to come. Once you photograph your fish and you decide you are not going to keep it or it is not the legal size, return it to the water immediately, taking as much care as possible to avoid causing injury to the fish.

* Fish must be caught by the individual listed as the “Registered Angler”.

* All fish to be eligible must adhere to the photo submission requirements.

* Only your longest fish, per species is eligible for prizes. Should you wish to upgrade your catch it will replace any existing fish you have previously entered for that species.

* You can enter multiple categories.

* You are judged on the LENGTH of the fish and NOT the weight.

* Only fish of legal size (set by the relevant State DPI) can be photographed and submitted, furthermore if you keep any fish caught during the competition please note you still must adhere to all recreational fishing regulations governed by the relevant State's DPI, including size and bag limits, as well as the cutting of the pectoral fin of reef fish if applicable.

* Any fish submitted with any missing fin except pectoral fin will be ineligible.

* Mutilated fish are not eligible for submission. A mutilated fish is defined as any fish rendered incapable of swimming (eg bitten by shark, beheaded, fillet removed etc).

* The fish will be measured from the tip of their snout to the end of their tail for the event's judging (in line with current Queensland DPI rules and regulations (http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/28_3011.htm)

* Absolutely no fish caught in fish hatchery waters, fish culture stations, "Fish & Pay" Lakes, private ponds or fishing preserves may be submitted.

* Fish showing signs of improper handling will be disqualified.

* Any catch not correctly submitted by the tournament's end time will be deemed ineligible.

i believe it's only 1 fish of any species to be submitted for a prize, so i can have 5 fish, of different species, 1 snapper, 1 bream etc etc. might have to give this a good nudge.

Travis your point had been raised and rectified :)

noname: Thats right mate but youll be able to upgrade throughout the comp so it will be your best fish from each species that becomes your entry :)

Angus

Yep, good rule. Effectively means that one person can't get 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for the one species.

I'm in for this, just need to get organised and register. Have a few non-AFO mates (I don't get them, they keep saying how much they love fishing and yet don't seem willing to occasionally get on a fishing website and learn more about fishing their local area????) who I'll try and talk into registering also.

Can't wait.

Kelvin.

Yep, good rule. Effectively means that one person can't get 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize for the one species.

I'm in for this, just need to get organised and register. Have a few non-AFO mates (I don't get them, they keep saying how much they love fishing and yet don't seem willing to occasionally get on a fishing website and learn more about fishing their local area????) who I'll try and talk into registering also.

Can't wait.

Kelvin.

The more the merrier mate. However they will need to join the site before they compete, as it is an online competition where entries are uploaded to this site.

Please see the AFO Event Rules and Conditions

1. PARTICIPANTS & ELIGIBILITY

* Participation is open to AFO members only, if you are not a member it is free to join and must be done before commencing fishing.

* AFO reserves the right to reject any entry.

* Persons employed by AFO and event Organisers are not eligible for entry and prizes.

* Professional anglers are eligible to enter.

Angus

Hey Guys,

Im landbased and will be having a go around the place, but if there is anyone with a spare seat and willing to give it up to a fellow AFO'er that would be awesome. Just throwing it out there, I know its a while away but will have to request a few days off over the tourny period.

Cheers

Shirvo

i believe it's only 1 fish of any species to be submitted for a prize, so i can have 5 fish, of different species, 1 snapper, 1 bream etc etc. might have to give this a good nudge.

Travis your point had been raised and rectified :)

noname: Thats right mate but youll be able to upgrade throughout the comp so it will be your best fish from each species that becomes your entry :)

Angus

so if i bring in a snapper at say 68cms and i catch another 1 at 99cms, that is eligable ? thats right aye!

so if i bring in a snapper at say 68cms and i catch another 1 at 99cms, that is eligable ? thats right aye!

Yes mate but only your best one.

If there is only one other snapper caught (they're very rare you know...) and it goes 55cm, you can't get 1st and 2nd. The 99cm will win and the 55cm will come 2nd.

One for the Events Committee ,

Regarding the Moreton Bay Classic .

I noticed The Northern Fishing Boundary is up past Cape Moreton .

Could you please clarify :-

( a ) The Northern end / Eastern Fishing Boundary .

( b ) The Northern end / Western Boundary regarding the Bribie Passage .

Looking forward to Fishing the Comp . ( It looks like a cracker ,with a good format ).

Thanks

Pete

Searaider 2

Hey team, for those of you out there that might be looking to hire boats check this mob out. Raven originally gave me these guys details and I have since had a good long chat with the owner Steve. Seems like a top bloke and has a few hihgly suitable boats on offer: http://www.brisbaneboathire.com.au/

During the January floods I was down at West End helping clean out a business that had been hammered by the flood. It is a clothes manufacturing business and the downstairs warehouse area went under 2m, so was covered in mud and thousands of boxes of clothes and yarn/thread were destroyed. We filled 2 huge skips of rubbish and as we were doing that a good samaritan was out looking for people to help. I got talking and he was the owner of Brisbane Boat Hire. He came equipped with broom, rake but most importantly a car and a trailer. The trailer had a tinny on it, so we took that off and then he got stuck in to the rubbish loading up the trailer with these boxes of mud drenched rubbish and kindly did a few trips to the council tip.

Absolute top bloke and epitomises the community spirit we foster on here. So as he supported an unknown business to him i think it fitting that if a AFO member is thinking of hiring a boat, it would be good to support him.

totally agree with ya there johnny, and on that note we were out on the bay saturday night , caught a few protected species and a few grinners and these bloody things

[attachment=30850]enginebay008.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=30851]enginebay009.jpg[/attachment]

"what am i doing out here... i dunno where i am!!!! "

:pinch:

registered.

now to start stocking up on gear and begging to borrow the boat midweek. may be on the prowl for a deckie spot or 2 during the event.

Interesting for people to discuss land based options as well.

Ill certainly be giving Dunwich a crack during the event.

Angus

registered.

now to start stocking up on gear and begging to borrow the boat midweek. may be on the prowl for a deckie spot or 2 during the event.

Interesting for people to discuss land based options as well.

Ill certainly be giving Dunwich a crack during the event.

Angus

Yeah I'm planning to do one over night trip to Straddie, spend the night fishing Dunwich to see if i can bag some Trev's or Tailor

and maybe a day of the flats and try my luck for flatties

Archived