Exploring "Lost World".

Angus

Awesome day today. Best type of fishing I reckon.

New ground for all 4 people who attended and over 50 fish caught.

I am absolutely stuffed. GPS tells us we only walked about 7 Km's but it was rugged ground and I am feeling now.

Ill let the pictures do the talking for the time being and will add details as I remember them.

First cast and first fish of the day.

post-63-144598593185_thumb.jpg

My biggest Spangled ever. Hit a popper and I could of sworn it was a bass. I upgraded later :P

post-63-144598593191_thumb.jpg

The rest of the crew emerging from the jungle: Henry, Manni, Kriso.

post-63-144598593196_thumb.jpg

Plenty of these little guys. Easily a few every few casts.

post-63-144598593202_thumb.jpg

Another.

post-63-144598593208_thumb.jpg

Another.

post-63-144598593215_thumb.jpg

Kriso gets in on the action.

post-63-14459859322_thumb.jpg

And again.

post-63-144598593225_thumb.jpg

My biggest for the day. Just out of curiosity, before I confirm size, what do you all think? Just thought it would be interesting to see what you think with all the bass size debate thats been going on.

post-63-14459859323_thumb.jpg

My first silver on a lure and a hard fighting one at that.

[attachment=31705]10.JPG[/attachment]

Cheers guys.

Angus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh by the way I have been getting sharked a lot lately on light gear. Well twice which is a lot for me.

Now I cant exactly say I was sharked today for obvious reasons (no sharks).

But I had the closest fresh water comparisson.

I hooked a small (8-10cm) spangled and was skull dragging it when to my pants soiling surprise a large form moves out from the shadows and engulfs the spangled whole and spits my lure at the same time. You can imagine my face...

I am 90% sure it was a cod based purely on size. Although I concede things can looks deceptive in the water so it could have been a Yella. If it was a yella though OMG it was a good one!

Angus

man what a day!!!!! so glad i pulled myself outa bed to make this one, met up with Gus Henry and Manni ( was top's to meet you today manni your a champ) and try out these pimpin new rods from Nordic stage. Well i gota say awesome piece of kit, the Areal Gunslinger matched my steez awesome! anyways managed to bag my first bass on a lure and she went off! i must say the bass here punch well above their weight and the scenery was just unreal. one of the best days fishing i have had in a long time! cheers for the invite guys i had a blast. umm really friken tired still so i will just throw some pics up for you to have a perve at!

Wow guys 50 fish between you all for the day is awesome. Gotta agree prospecting in creeks and streams for Bass on foot is almost as good as it gets, and going new places and exploring is half the fun.

Congrats on all the fish there were some top Bass there and i love my spangles, they can be brutal.

man what a day!!!!! so glad i pulled myself outa bed to make this one, met up with Gus Henry and Manni ( was top's to meet you today manni your a champ) and try out these pimpin new rods from Nordic stage. Well i gota say awesome piece of kit, the Areal Gunslinger matched my steez awesome! anyways managed to bag my first bass on a lure and she went off! i must say the bass here punch well above their weight and the scenery was just unreal. one of the best days fishing i have had in a long time! cheers for the invite guys i had a blast.

Stole this from Manni mate.

Kriso's first ever hardbody bass. Very good start :)

[attachment=31717]11.JPG[/attachment]

Put simply it was a cracking day, beautiful scenery, rugged terrain and good mates, oh yeah and plenty of fish. This was my first time fishing freshwater in over 10 years and had never caught a bass. After seeing the boys catch a a couple Bass.... I was catching a bunch of Spanglies on the Atomic Hardz, with so much activity I was quietly confident that I would land a Bass today, I set my self a target of 10cm hahahaha

As we trecked through the bush and worked the creeks, i decided to head up a little further, within a couple casts my goal was achieved.... just :dry:

post-8859-144598593287_thumb.jpg

2 Casts later I upgraded my first Bass and caught this fiesty fella

post-8859-144598593299_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598593308_thumb.jpg

I was using the Areal Jager, I was totally stoked with this rod, very light and strong, using the Atomic Hardz & Jackalls this rod worked a treat, matched with my CI4 2500 I always felt confident brinfing in the fish (Thanks Angus for the lend of the Rod)

As the day went on more and more fish were caught by all, I think I ended up with 8 Bass ranging from 10cm to 30cm - With hopes to catch just one and ended up with 8 I am super stoked

Here are some other pics from the day including Kriso's 1st Bass of the day and Angus' Silver Perch

post-8859-144598593318_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598593328_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598593331_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Henry, Angus & Kriso for a good day out, Kriso nice to meet you mate !! you're a great bloke !!

Can't wait to do this again !!!!

Oh Yeah and these little spangled perch wow, they take no prisoners !!! I reckon they would eat a lure there own size, here a couple close ups

These were great fun to catch when the Bass were hiding !

post-8859-14459859334_thumb.jpg

post-8859-144598593348_thumb.jpg

And another Bass for good measure, I'm still smiling from today's fishing !!!

post-8859-144598593356_thumb.jpg

36000 rounds fired with machine-gun today, with enhanced industrial deafness the outcome! I know where I would have rather been.......work......grrrrrr....... Angus, can you organize another trip down?......please?......

Ha ha ha!!! Fantastic effort fellas, its one of the most rewarding styles of fishing!!!!!

Awesome report and pics,

Ryan.

great report guys, I guess 47cm for the bass. btw where is the lost world

I cant believe it took someone that long to ask!!!!

By the way Brian... Good to hear from you mate its been to long. :)

In all respect to the giver of information youll have to ask Ray.

Angus

Dino you have lost nothing

Arr my other guess would be below the np wall

Cheers to you Angus, I'm getting the boat ready for a couple of trips into the Boyne so hopefully you'll hear from me sooner rather then later. Problem is weather prediction is 20-25 with rain for the next 4 days.

great report guys looks like a beaut place gotta love those ferocious little spangles amongst the bass they keep you interested could it have been a dirty great eel that stole your spangle i guess a size of 50cm looks heaps bigger than my 30cm ones from upper bremmer

Archived