Rocking Horse Poo

dan25

Hey guys

Received a call from Mick this morning, to go and chase some bass in the yaks today, so I loaded my yak, and off we went. B). Wasn't long, and we were in some prime bass country, cruisin down the river keen to get in on the action...

It had literally been about 3 minutes, and both Mick and myself had already hooked up, myself landing a Solid bass, that went 47.5 cm, and Mick losing his fish amognst some underwater timber...

DSCF5120.jpg

DSCF5121.jpg

For the next 30 minutes or so, we caught another 3-4 bass each, all on deep diving hardbodies, and some sweet action was had... Minutes later, I hooked up to what felt like a horse, and seconds later so did Mick!, double hookup, sweeet.. After a few minutes of some awesome runs, and some manouvering of the yaks, we had landed both bass in the one net. :woohoo: They were monsters... B)B)

Micks bass went 62cm to the tip, and mine went right on 60 to the tip. That would have to be one of the best moments in fishing that ive experianced, a double hookup with two 60's.... B) :woohoo: :woohoo: Anyway, after a bit of chaos, sorting out lines and lures, we got our fish organised, took a few pics, and off they swam.. :) You beauty :woohoo: .

Micks 62

DSCF5142.jpg

DSCF5130.jpg

IMGP2415.jpg

DSCF5143.jpg

My 60 and a new PB

IMGP2418.jpg

IMGP2423-Copy.jpg

The fishing just kept on getting better and better for about half an hour, with the biggest being a 59 caught by Mick, a 54 for me, along with a bunch of mid 40's in the mix :) .

54 tip

IMGP2444.jpg

Action Shot

DSCF5153.jpg

Micks 59

DSCF5195.jpg

IMGP2410.jpg

The fish then shut down for around half an hour, although they fired up for the remainder hour or so, just about every cast we would get a bass around 40 and a fair few little tackers. I also managed my first yella that went 46cm, I was pretty stoked about that. :)

IMGP2451.jpg

IMGP2450.jpg

The remainding 30 minutes or so, was crazy, we caught about 12 bass between us in 10 minutes.

few more pics. B)

DSCF5175.jpg

IMGP2428.jpg

IMGP2440.jpg

DSCF5193.jpg

IMGP2438.jpg

DSCF5157.jpg

We caught about 60 bass between us, probably 30 each, Probably one of the most epic days fishing ive ever had, massive thanks again Mick for the day, appreciate it B)

Thanks

Dan

Holy crap guys it's like the freshwater equivalent of a hot jigging session or something, i'm wrapped just to catch one at the moment and you guys are throwing up fish in the 60's :woohoo: Top effort.

Now say I owned a glass yak and wanted to put in somewhere that is fairly easy what part of the river might one head too? :whistle:

Cheers

Mark

That's an absolutely awesome session there fellas, congrats on the double hookup, I'd be over the moon with one 60 and how's your form getting a double. Well done on getting the yella too Dan that one's on my hit list. Mark I reckon if you really wanted to take your yak up there it wouldn't be too much of a drama you would probably need someone with you to portage if needed but I reckon you could do it.

crackin session! well done to you both.

Those pictures are the closest I've ever seen to a fully documented and undeniable 60cm bass.

Fish of that size are so few a far between, it's just a shame that kayaks are so hard to get a good picture of a big fish on a flat surface.

thanks for sharing boys :)

wow monster bass lads awesome fishing and well done!! Absolutely love the shots and that is an EPIC days fishing in anyones language I'll be the first to ask....... and here comes the can of worms.... LOLZ

is that brag mat flat? not taking away that they are monsters but does the mat being kinked help them along abit?

wow monster bass lads awesome fishing and well done!! Absolutely love the shots and that is an EPIC days fishing in anyones language I'll be the first to ask....... and here comes the can of worms.... LOLZ

is that brag mat flat? not taking away that they are monsters but does the mat being kinked help them along abit?

na its def not dead flat its a mat. giva or take a cm each way go for it still ova 60 :P . its a matt not a steel rule its a guide only!!!!!!

I dont realy give a dam about the matt mate the prioity is to look after these big girls. hurry the hell up with a photo and back in the water. infact yesterday i didnt even have time to get a pic holding another 60+ only on the matt as it was so hot i feared for its successfull release. so i just released the lip grips and watched it boot off strong,Its a fantanstic feeling.

i was a acctually telling dan that might get a bit of flac over the sizing it is expected and thats why he posted not me! thats why ive never posted and never will post any of my big ones.... yes i have nailed bigger much bigger, as i hate negitivity of well lets face it jelious people.

na its def not dead flat its a mat. giva or take a cm each way go for it still ova 60 :P . its a matt not a steel rule its a guide only!!!!!!

I dont realy give a dam about the matt mate the prioity is to look after these big girls. hurry the hell up with a photo and back in the water. infact yesterday i didnt even have time to get a pic holding another 60+ only on the matt as it was so hot i feared for its successfull release. so i just released the lip grips and watched it boot off strong,Its a fantanstic feeling.

i was a acctually telling dan that might get a bit of flac over the sizing it is expected and thats why he posted not me! thats why ive never posted and never will post any of my big ones.... yes i have nailed bigger much bigger, as i hate negitivity of well lets face it jelious people.

Again good on you Mick, you're a champ mate! Good on you for looking after your fish. That's really commendable effort especially since so many people (including myself) are passionate about Aussie Bass and treating them with respect they deserve.

Mate i think you're missing my point. I'm certainly not being negative regarding you or your fish (go back and read my unedited posts) I was simply asking the question whether or not the uneven brag mat made for a reliable length reading. As so far as me being jealous??

OF COURSE I AM :)B) !!!!!!

Anyway like i said before, great stuff and you keep nailing those 60's mate , well done!!!

Archived