2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After talking to a few local anglers we have decided to scrap the "Bream" category of this event.

In its place we have, at the request of several AFO members added a "Bass" category to fill the void.

This is pretty exciting for us as it will the first event we have run that will include both fresh and salt water species.

The Team

AFO

The Boreen Point camping ground is a short paddle to the top of that reach of the river.

Thanks for that!

Do you think many people will fish the lake itself, or just the stretches of river?

Mate the lake is very shallow and barren in some places.

I think there would have to be flatties and whiting in there, and maybe bream crusing the shallows at night but my understanding is its hard to crack this code, maybe just because the lake is so massive!

I think the rivers and creeks are more fishable as it essentially bottle necks the fish into an area with more easily identified snags, drop offs etc...

Angus

After talking to a few local anglers we have decided to scrap the "Bream" category of this event.

In its place we have, at the request of several AFO members added a "Bass" category to fill the void.

This is pretty exciting for us as it will the first event we have run that will include both fresh and salt water species.

The Team

AFO

Good choice, I think this will open the comp to more anglers

The Team

AFO

Woohoo! Now I'm excited. Great decision there.

Great to see Bass as a target species, Some big Jacks and the odd Barra are also taken from the same waters.

In fact the biggest Jack that I have ever seen from any estuary has come from the fresh waters of the everglades. It was 67cm, unfortunately I did not catch it, I have also seen a 57cm model from there and plenty in the high 40's.

The yak fisherman can launch from Elander point or drive up to harrys hut and launch from there. If you book in advance you can also camp on the upper Noosa river but numbers are restricted.

• 3 weeks later...
Cant wait for this now!

Are you going to fish this one Gus?

Well I cant compete. But yes ill fish.

HQ hours will not be disimilar to BRC so should have the afternoons and night to fish my heard out.

With that being said id love to deckie for a few different people to get a chance to chat with more members so ill be sticking my hand up for spots closer to the date. Wont take a spot a potential competitor might benefit from though.

Angus

• 2 weeks later...
not making it for this one now. A work trip to Melbourne is taking high priority for me unfortuantely.

Yeah I'm 50/50, might have a chance to fish the gamma comp on the sunday, and have a regatta saturday morning so might just fish saturday art, enjoy the festivities that night then bail in the morning

not making it for this one now. A work trip to Melbourne is taking high priority for me unfortuantely.

Yeah I'm 50/50, might have a chance to fish the gamma comp on the sunday, and have a regatta saturday morning so might just fish saturday art, enjoy the festivities that night then bail in the morning

Shame! Oh well hope it works out.

Just wondering if it has been confirmed for the HQ, was thinking of starying at the boreen point camping grounds or the Apollonian Hotel. It looks like they pretty much back up on each other so just seeing what the general concensus was. Was looking at booking early so don't miss out. This will be my first social, so don't want to be stuck some where 30k away, plus will have the missus and boy along so need to confirm accomadation. Sorry it will be my second social, hopefully will be at the wavebreak island social as well.

Andrew

Just wondering if it has been confirmed for the HQ, was thinking of starying at the boreen point camping grounds or the Apollonian Hotel. It looks like they pretty much back up on each other so just seeing what the general concensus was. Was looking at booking early so don't miss out. This will be my first social, so don't want to be stuck some where 30k away, plus will have the missus and boy along so need to confirm accomadation. Sorry it will be my second social, hopefully will be at the wavebreak island social as well.

Andrew

Mate the HQ will be at Boreen Point. Exact location pending but between the Camping ground, the Hotel and the boat ramp.

In short if you book in Boreen Point you will be there.

A few members have already booked at the camp grounds and there will be a Saturday evening social, whether it be formalised or just "rock and enjoy" and the Appollonian :)

Angus

Shhhhhhh...dont tell the Courier Mail I got free entry to this, otherwise I will be all over the front page for being corrupt and obtaining 'freebies'

Gus - It shows my entry is free (is that cause I ticked Reverend?) I cant go back in a pay it now. Pm me with what you want me to do.

Dear Rev Greg Booth,

Your registration has been confirmed for the 2012 Summer Classic

This event is starting on 17-02-2012 in Noosa River.

Your Registered Angler information:

Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Address:

City: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

State: Queensland

Post Code: XXXXXXXXX

Phone: XXXXXXXXXXX

Email: XXXXXXXXX

Your total Entry Fee is: 25.00 AUD

You have paid: 0.00 AUD

Amount Due: 25.00 AUD

Your selected method of payment is Free