2012 Brisbane River Classic fishing tournament

AFO

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the interest of my own personal safety, based on the fact the ellicat will be out and about for this comp I will be staying well clear lest I be killed to death. Or he will just drive to close and wrap all my braid around his prop... :whistle: AGAIN! :evil:

That and there is an epic p!ss up that I need to attend on the Saturday arvo / evening, writing off the best part of two whole days...

To check to see if you are registered, you can see your tournament registrations under your account.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/account/tournament-account

If you don't see a record there and you believe you have registered please email tournaments@australianfishing.com.au

If you have selected to pay by direct deposit and havent paid. If you have paid and it shows that you it isn't paid, please wait a few days and if still not updated, please email tournaments@australianfishing.com.au

B)

is there anyone who can possibly help me with a decky spot. im chasing biggest threaddie and shark. if there is anyone able i will chip in for fuel and bait if your planning on using it.

I'm going out with a mate and maybe the old man. Just waiting to hear back from him if he isn't coming you can jump on with us.

I'll give you a buzz tomorrow

Kane

• 2 weeks later...
Eek @ the dates :( I have already got plans for those dates :(

Oh, I take this back! I got my weeks mixed up. I'm free this weekend! Count me in

Wes, You didn't see page 3......

:pinch: :silly: :silly: oh well will have to lift my game and put a solid effort in :lol::lol:

Hey Wes,

I got zip last time I fished the BRC, and lost an 8-9+fter I hooked the year before (due to line getting cut)... So same could happen again this year!

Edit: Just crunched the numbers. The Tides and certain celestial bodies don't seem to be aligning as well as previous years. :unsure: Let's hope that doesn't stop a couple of decent sharks rolling in!

To check to see if you are registered, you can see your tournament registrations under your account.

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/account/tournament-account

If you don't see a record there and you believe you have registered please email tournaments@australianfishing.com.au

If you have selected to pay by direct deposit and havent paid. If you have paid and it shows that you it isn't paid, please wait a few days and if still not updated, please email tournaments@australianfishing.com.au

B)

Please all check that you are registered and paid. We urge everyone to check they can see their registration and that they are also marked as paid in our system, otherwise no email will be sent

From Tournament Rules:

Each Registered Angler will receive via email after 6pm AEST the evening before the tournament commences their Unique Item (in the form of a PDF file) and Angler Number. This PDF will need to be printed by the competitor and taken with them during their fishing as it is required to be displayed in each “Fish with Ruler” photo entry they take as it will be used to validate the date of your catch

Please note it will be sometime after 6pm (not at 6pm)

In the interest of my own personal safety, based on the fact the ellicat will be out and about for this comp I will be staying well clear lest I be killed to death. Or he will just drive to close and wrap all my braid around his prop... :whistle: AGAIN! :evil:

That and there is an epic p!ss up that I need to attend on the Saturday arvo / evening, writing off the best part of two whole days...

who said he was dead

Well, I've been checking my emails since 6pm and nothing ....then I remembered it's only Wednesday :pinch: Even had my zip lock bag ready. :blush:

This week is dragging...... :S

Tip for first timers - put your printed ID (from the email) in a clear plastic zip lock bag so it survives the wet conditions.

Well, I've been checking my emails since 6pm and nothing ....then I remembered it's only Wednesday :pinch: Even had my zip lock bag ready. :blush:

Tip for first timers - put your printed ID (from the email) in a clear plastic zip lock bag so it survives the wet conditions.

and leave a bit of air in it so it floats

that's assuming you catch fish... how will you protect the paper from ash?

any more tips for newbies i like that one ellicat

wet condition from rain as well as drunk BFOers taking a whizz

Or if you are really flash you can do what I did last year, laminate it and tape it to your measure, always ready and waterproof then :) the fish catching part can be an issue though ;)

wet condition from rain as well as drunk BFOers taking a whizz

I would want to hope that there are no 'Drunk BFOers' out on the water for the BRC.

Please stay safe on the water. The Brisbane river is a very dangerous place especially at night.

Still looking at a BBQ on Sat/Sunday, Brian? Can't find the original post.

Yep, I'll pitch the gazebo and get the BBQ fired up. A couple of bread loaves, a bottle of tomato sauce and some soft drinks (for sale at cost).

Times 12:30pm to whenever (2:30/3:00ish) on Sunday and Saturday

O/D I don't know the numbers for this year. It is usually between 30 and 60. Good odds for the lucky door prize even if you can't fish it. ;)

If you will be retrieving at Colmslie ramp on Sunday, get there early - the boat traffic is usually horrendous. You will need to dose up on tolerance and patience.

If you will be retrieving at Colmslie ramp on Sunday, get there early - the boat traffic is usually horrendous. You will need to dose up on tolerance and patience.

How is it Saturdays

Archived