2012 Brisbane River Classic fishing tournament

AFO

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I may have mentioned this before but will again as I think a few people here would be keen for it. What are the chances of Australian Bass being added as a category, may be a bit late for this years comp but future events? The Comp boundaries certainly allow for it and they would have to be up there as one of the Brisbane River's most sought after fish. Just a thought.

I'm in, and looking forward to it again. I did get the following error message

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

Still able to complete the transaction via Paypal. I am using IE on Windows 2010.

Brian, I would be keen for a Saturday and Sunday BBQ cos I am too lazy to pack my own lunch and it would be good to take a break and see how people are going.

Cheers, Steve

PS. Good to see a post about fishing again. The bickering gets a bit boring!

I wanna fish with brian hes the MBC snapper winner so how can I go wrong?

Deckie spot now filled. You'll have it easy as I'm too anal to let anyone else do stuff :lol:

Gee it's good reaping the rewards of MBC fame !

Lures only ? :whistle:

Yep. I've won so many over the last few comps etc I'm running out of room.

Only catch is that you'll have to cast for me when I get tired.

Oh and I'll need to have one bait line down to win the cattie category as well.

squire and definetly jew should have their own catagory.

Thanks for the suggestion Matthew, we do review categories every few years. However, over the last 8 years unfortunately squire and jew haven't really had too many submissions to warrant their own categories, but we will review in future years.

Also, if anyone else experiences a paypal issue please let us know.

Thanks for the suggestion Matthew, we do review categories every few years. However, over the last 8 years unfortunately squire and jew haven't really had too many submissions to warrant their own categories, but we will review in future years.

Sorry admin , just my thoughts on your reply to matt,

Fishing for Jew and squire or should I say targeting Jew and squire requires different gear and approaches , that would be why you haven't had many submissions in the comp. if its not a category in the comp then people don't target them , so you only get by-catches submitted! If the monthy write ups in any of the fishing mags are believable ,the Jew fishing in the river is some of the best in qld. Might be worth a trial next time? Cheers and thanks for the comp and great site

Sorry admin , just my thoughts on your reply to matt,

Fishing for Jew and squire or should I say targeting Jew and squire requires different gear and approaches , that would be why you haven't had many submissions in the comp. if its not a category in the comp then people don't target them , so you only get by-catches submitted! If the monthy write ups in any of the fishing mags are believable ,the Jew fishing in the river is some of the best in qld.

Suggestion noted. We do review our events annually and take into consideration suggestions and also feedback from the previous event. Over the years, our events have evolved significantly from suggestions, feedback and our own experiences.

As we ask after each event, if you have a suggestion or feedback, please let us know after the event and we can review it for the future events.

Just to reiterate RE species and suggestions...

This sort of suggestion as suggested by other admin is welcome but after the previous event.

To give an example of how we do listen to the feedback, for the first time this year a leader board senario will be run so you will know if your fish is worth submitting or not. This should make the final administration period a lot quicker.

Regards

The Team

AFO

ok so i want to go to this one guys and girls and meet alot of you

but my problem is that i got some thing on on the sunday

now my question is do i need to be there at sunday for the presitation and so on..(i iwant to believe me) but the misses has got me doing other stuff ggrr else were

if for any slight chance i might even catch anything lol past history is bad

um and i win a prize (yer right now im dreaming)

do i need to be there??

admins pls help with a straight answer ive read the rules but i cant see anything about have to be there???

or am i haveing a MAN LOOK

ok so i want to go to this one guys and girls and meet alot of you

but my problem is that i got some thing on on the sunday

now my question is do i need to be there at sunday for the presitation and so on..(i iwant to believe me) but the misses has got me doing other stuff ggrr else were

if for any slight chance i might even catch anything lol past history is bad

um and i win a prize (yer right now im dreaming)

do i need to be there??

admins pls help with a straight answer ive read the rules but i cant see anything about have to be there???

or am i haveing a MAN LOOK

Please read Tournament Rules
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/tournament-rules

11. Prizes

[ul]

[li]To be eligible for prizes you must have entered a valid entry form and paid the entry fee[/li]

[li]One fish can only win one prize[/li]

[li]AFO reserves the right to add, delete, or modify the list of eligible Prize categories and eligible species[/li]

[li]We would encourage all entrants to be present at the prize presentation ceremony. If you cannot make it to the prize presentation, you must nominate someone beforehand to accept a prize if you win. In the case of lucky door prizes, if your number is drawn out and you are not present and have not previously nominated someone then we will redraw that prize[/li]

[/ul]

I'll be coming to this one, fishing with often debaited I think ..... yes Bill you're fishing with me hehehe

i just tried to register and when it went to redirect me to paypal it took forever and still didnt get there...anyone else had this problem.... do i have to re register and make payment or am i registered and just have to pay.,..... thank you

Archived