2012 Brisbane River Classic fishing tournament

AFO

Well, I've been checking my emails since 6pm and nothing ....then I remembered it's only Wednesday :pinch: Even had my zip lock bag ready. :blush:

This week is dragging...... :S

Tip for first timers - put your printed ID (from the email) in a clear plastic zip lock bag so it survives the wet conditions.

that's assuming you catch fish... how will you protect the paper from ash?

Lots of hot air (which will be in abundant supply) so the bag is round and the ash slides off. :pinch:

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just wondering is there some way we can see fish that have been submitted so far?

It would be helpful to know what we are up against for my last fish tomorrow :D

Cheers,

Kane

as written in entry email:

You can keep up to speed with all entries by viewing them at the Submissions page:
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/brisbane-river-classic/submissions

My first day was pretty tough. Got on the water about 6.30 and head up to the port to locate Ellicat. Brian jumped on board to help me while I cast for livies at the poo shot. I was just about to cast while standing on the esky when Brian puts the boat in forward at full bore. My shoulder smashes into the T-Top and I am forced to grab ob. It hurt to say the least and my shoulder reached movement it hasn't for the last 10 weeks. :blush: :sick: :huh: Anyway we ended up with a good lot of livies but did not get a fish on them all day. Ended up with a nice flatty and a medium Bream. Dropped a stonker Flatty when the flatty wore through the leader - the breaks of fishing for fathead with 6lb leader.

post-7418-14459888799_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598888001_thumb.jpg

Freckle Identification

post-7418-14459888801_thumb.jpg

post-7418-144598888021_thumb.jpg

My BRC.

Friday up at 2am woke the wife and 4yr old with the alarm,pop jnr in bed with mum and get the day underway, boat on the street, wifes car back in the garage, pop inside to grab the zinc sunscreen and BAM, my 4yr old wakes up and vomit everywhere, all over mum , bed and dog.

So i help clean up, get everyone settled now 4am. Phone rings big problem at work, so boat back in gargage, and off i go to work, 8am im home again, boat on and 830am im off, half way down the street i look in the rear mirror and say to myself that boat looks along way away? pull over to find boat half way off the trailer, winch undone and no saftey chain on. WOW, CLOSE CALL.

on the way to the ramp , drove threw a massive downpour, a down pour that took 5 mins at the ramp to drain the boat!Finally on the water at 930am. Fished all day, 1 tarwhine at 41cm, no photo as i didnt think it was part of the comp, 16 bream from 19cm-26cm , 1 eel about 1,5m long and a few bust off's, one after a massive run.

got back to the ramp about 4pm. wind up and couldnt leave the boat on the ramp while i got the car, nice 5.8 plate boat with heaps of guys comes, they laugh at me struggling to hold my boat on the ramp and go about their business. next boat in behind them, Steve from the Tackle shop at carseldine. steve yells out hi how are you as he approaches, sees im having trouble and gets his deckie to hold the boat for me, i get my car and deckie helps me load the boat. THANKYOU STEVE. costs him 5 mins at the end of a long day for him but saved my bacon. What a great guy.THANKYOU AGAIN

Saturday. Family pretty sick so i give the idea of fishing a miss. ok i thought about it every 5mins from 6am when i woke. Mowed the lawn, took the "sick" 4yr old swimming, put the washing way, finally fixed that leaking tap in the bathroom. 2pm comes, family go for an afternoon nap. I take some time and think to myself. Boats dirty, Brissy river is a bit far away, i will just use the last of yesterdays bait and duck into the pine for a quick fish.

Get to the deepwater bend boat ramp, just about to back down the ramp and jump out to check the bungs.!!!!!! not there, where are they, oh well i say, grap the spares in the took kit. Yep you guess it not there either. SO i pack up and head to Steves shop to buy some more, out of stock!

Head home and remember while im driving that i took them out and placed them on mail box yesterday when flushing the motor. Get home, 3.20pm. put bungs in, and go tell the wife what a knob i am! She say, go fishing as she wants to wrap xmas gifts and i can be there for that. SO this time i head for the breakfast creek boat ramp, get there and on the water at 4pm. hang around the mouth of breakfast creek for a while but leave after catching heaps of 25cm river perch(maybe the same one 8-10 times, baby bream and eels. then troll some lures along the hamilton reach toward the mouth. See a nice hole on the sounder and in my hast throw out the pick, I get it all wrong getting the rope caught arond my feet and tip over the open lure box. atleast three trebles stuck in the picks rope. So i throw out some flesh baits and drift while i sort out the mess. drifted and about 30mins, and got a catty and something unstoppable, snapped the 40lb leader. back at the ramp at 7pm.

remember the zinc i went to get early on friday morning, yep i forgot it when i finally left home and now have a nice case of sunburn on the face and ears.

overall i learnt alot about the good and bad points about how my boat is set up. had some time on the water and caught some "small" fish.ONly bumped intoone other AFO memebr for a quick hello at the ramp on friday.Cant fish tomorrow but will get to the preso to show my support for the event and site.

thanks for reading!

post-2093-14459888803_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598888044_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598888049_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598888059_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598888063_thumb.jpg

post-2093-144598888073_thumb.jpg

Sorry to laugh at your expense Dubbzy but couldn't help but have a couple of chuckles as I read that. Fishing can be like that sometimes!!!!! I'm a HPE teacher and had our school swimming carnival on Friday - 'a few scattered showers' turned into a nice torrential downpour from about 9-9:30am to kick off the day!!!!!

Archived