Whats your biggest Bream?

Angus

Just wondering what everyone's biggest bream landed is?

This can be bait, lure or yes for Troy and you guys....... cast net!

Mine Is 48cm to the fork.

This picture of them is hilerious as the other two look migit but are both bigger than 30cm. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/48cm_Bream.jpg

Oh yeah i put the bottle of wine there (aptly named) so you could get an idea of how big they were. Much bigger than a full sized bottle of wine!

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/05/13 09:43

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/05/13 09:45

Post edited by: Angus, at: 2006/05/13 09:49

post-63-144598399251_thumb.jpg

Yeah its a Sea Bream.

Funny thing is they get much bigger.

That one hit like a tonne of bricks and gave the surf rod a work out.

I would love to get some of the bigger ones.

They taste better to being from the surf.

Angus.

hey guys....

angus thats a tarwhine... wel that big 1 is anyway... but yeh they are also called sea bream... and the big ones are normally caught in the surf and off shore, there is also far more bigger tarwhine caught then bigger bream (over 40cms)...... and the little ones are often cort in estuaries skooling with bream and whiting....

the others just look like ordinary yellowfin or black bream.... and are caught far less offshore.... and commonly in the surf and estuaries....

there is another species of bream called the collared sea bream... tarwhine will sometimes school with them as they are an offshore and reef bream

my bigest bream is 42cms to the fork and 1.4kgs and i have a pic but i cant find it... however i have a pic of a 40cm to the fork bream that i will post soon wen i have time...

cheers, troy

p.s. ill post a pic of a collared sea bream also.... [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/collaredseabream.jpg

Post edited by: blue_mako, at: 2006/05/18 19:26

post-68-144598399256_thumb.jpg

here is the pic of my 2nd biggest bream :) 40cms to the fork... my scanner has broken down and is now in the bin.... so had to go for 2nd best option... which was a pic with the webcam....

troy

p.s. wen i find the pic of the 42cm bream to the fork ill put that on aswel

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Cant remember my biggest caught alot of nice bream but here is a photo of one of my mates fish he has nailed some beauties and I have got some photos on my computer he sent me.He might look familar to someone he was on the breamin 1 dvd fishing, so was his brother who was a non boater with Tim (the bream) Morgan. [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1012053_AFO.jpg

post-1103-144598420927_thumb.jpg

Mines a 46cm Bream caught in the Mighty Manning River NSW...Sorry no pics guy's but I can show U the trophy I got for it.:P

Forget to mention have bagged a few well over 50cms and my missus has a PB 52cm bream caught a Ningi.....

Post edited by: Dazzamcgee, at: 2007/07/14 13:27

dont know the exact length,didn't measure fish in those days,all that matered was dead weight.

my best bream weighed 7 pounds and was over 2 feet long.

caught on a pilchard on a gang of 4 4/0s off the rocks at burleigh point just on dark way back in winter 1975.

i was 12years old and it almost pulled me off the rock when it hit.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived