Winter Camp 2013 - Official Thread

Angus

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some strange, STRANGE things can happen at Lake Maroon....

Things gets stuck.

Things get broken.

Things get burnt.

and um.....

Certainly looks like the Maroon effect has gone beyond just the area! Looks like your posting about it got broken too :whistle: :side: :lol::P

I do ribs...

Ray does red claw usually...

Ted does duck :P

Angus

Should I be attending I will make up a batch or two of biltong for all to share. :)

Yes please!

Although perhaps you and Rob will need to do a biltong off as his is pretty amazing!

Hint hint Rob...

Angus

I do ribs...

Ray does red claw usually...

Ted does duck :P

Angus

Should I be attending I will make up a batch or two of biltong for all to share. :)

Yes please!

Although perhaps you and Rob will need to do a biltong off as his is pretty amazing!

Hint hint Rob...

Angus

Challenge accepted... B)

post-2244-144598927557_thumb.jpg

Bernie and I will be coming for sure ! I'm just spewing we have to wait till August :(

I reckon karma will get me this time for giving Rob a hard time at the bass social and I'll be the one getting bogged lol!!

And I agree with Angus, definitely the funniest photo on bfo!! :kiss:

This is one event that keeps eluding me. Will be in NZ but have yet to book returning flights thanks for putting this thread up early Gus, certainly will try our best to get back for this.

Sorry Eug just saw this!

That's awesome dedication!

Angus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Im waiting on getting a boat and if so I will be there with another mate also. Otherwise will probably come solo with a Kayak and hope to get a spot on someone elses boat cause im too lazy to paddle! Was good fun last year!

You can also hire a tinney with leccy there.

Cheers

Ray

Well what I am about to reveal may in fact keep numbers to a minimum this year..........

I HAVE BOOKED AND PAID !!!!!!!!!

Apologies in advance for my behaviour fellas, me and Doobsy are going to have a " Loose-off " or if you prefer..... an extreme exercise in prolonged loosism hopefully to become part of AFO folklore and set the standard for all future social events.

I hope Mick is stocking up on parking bollards for our fire this year!!!

We make him sooooo happy.

registered and paid for .

if you have not done this camp, it is one of the best socials around. Good to meet alot of people as well.

Crazywalrus, with your shiny new truck can you launch my mad boat as i dont want to repeat the bass socials antics ;)

I won't be towing a boat, and could do it for you.

But I won't ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I intend on attending this winter camp as my first social. So please me nice. :)

Are there any cabins left Angus?

Minster for finance is away for 2 weeks and tranfering money is her department. So when she is back I pay up.

Look forward to it, never been to lake Maroon.

I like fishing blind and learning on the day.

Cheers

Wayne

I'm keen to come to this and meet some more of you fellas! Never done fresh water fishing at all.

I'd like to know a few things:

- Am I welcome?

- What fishing gear would I need?

- What type of bait? Do I get it at the dam or before hand?

I'll tow my 4.75 boat to the trip. I'll have room to take 2 other people out with me. I'll take anyone who would like to come out if I can get taught a thing or two...

- Am I welcome?

Nah, get lost :whistle: :P

Easiest way to catch the bass there in winter is on live shrimp which i believe is available on the weekend at the dam. Fishing gear just a light spin rod, light or even no sinker and some wide gap hooks. Lures are also effective but very hit and miss in the winter, ill personally be 100% luring as a bit of a personal challenge. We will see how that pans out....

- Am I welcome?

Nah, get lost :whistle: :P

Easiest way to catch the bass there in winter is on live shrimp which i believe is available on the weekend at the dam. Fishing gear just a light spin rod, light or even no sinker and some wide gap hooks. Lures are also effective but very hit and miss in the winter, ill personally be 100% luring as a bit of a personal challenge. We will see how that pans out....

Thanks for the tips. I'll attend for the first time. :)

I'll have room on my boat for any boat-less people. Just hit me up.

Hi guys, I have my boat now and will be bringing up for winter camp if:

1. Someone can tow my boat from the camp to the boat ramp as my car is too low I think to get down there without bottoming out.

and

2. Are people who arn't members of the site welcome if they come along with a member?

Hi guys, I have my boat now and will be bringing up for winter camp if:

1. Someone can tow my boat from the camp to the boat ramp as my car is too low I think to get down there without bottoming out.

and

2. Are people who arn't members of the site welcome if they come along with a member?

2. It's quick and free to sign up your friends to the site ;)

1. There will be plenty to help you out. Just avoid any offer from Zim man (who became bogged last year) :pinch: .

Archived