Noxious pest spots.

tomca

Bohemia Ct, Mt. Cotton

Ir you are talking about the ponds on the left of valley way just before the shopping village they are no fishing courtesy of the progressive redlands council.

Cheers

Ray

That's news to me, been a while since I was there last.

yeah been a while for me as well. Full of carp as well

Pine Rivers Park, Srathpine

Enogerra/Ithacca Creek, Kelvin Grove

Kedron Brook

Lake Kurwongba

North Pine Dam

We do not seem to have as many pests on the north side of the river :silly: :P

Bohemia Ct, Mt. Cotton

Ir you are talking about the ponds on the left of valley way just before the shopping village they are no fishing courtesy of the progressive redlands council.

Cheers

Ray

I queried Redlands Council early this year about fishing council controlled water and their response was a shock.

"Fishing is not permitted in any council controlled water or land"

I tried clarifying that its just the ponds in parks that are out of bounds, but apparently Tingalpa Creek is out of bounds too. I guess you are allowed to use the ramp to launch your boat but better only head to the bay. (or maybe referring to the non-tidal section)

I guess the kids wetting a line on the foreshore at Cleveland are in line for some council fines at some stage.

Went to Minnipi Park lands to look for them the other day and was dissapointed to find big no fishing signs. With all the ducks getting fed there and the fact it would have over flown from Bulimba creek I thought this would have been a no brainer.

On that note ended up down at Bulimba Creek behind Carindale and saw not only several schools of tillies (with red fringes on their tails clearly visible) but one of the biggest carp I have ever seen lolling on the surface.

The bugger was they would not touch bread or prawn. Any suggestions for these apparently non feeding fish?

Went to Minnipi Park lands to look for them the other day and was dissapointed to find big no fishing signs. With all the ducks getting fed there and the fact it would have over flown from Bulimba creek I thought this would have been a no brainer.

On that note ended up down at Bulimba Creek behind Carindale and saw not only several schools of tillies (with red fringes on their tails clearly visible) but one of the biggest carp I have ever seen lolling on the surface.

The bugger was they would not touch bread or prawn. Any suggestions for these apparently non feeding fish?

Earthworms seems to be the go in Cairns for tillies. In my local creek they don't seem to take anything else, plus the bonus is the silver grunter and jungle perch eat them too :cheer:

I find the best way to tempt the ones not feeding is to cast a small float past a nest with a red wriggler worm about 10cm under it. Slowly edge the bait into the fishes face and eventually it will mouth the worm. Wait a while for it to get eaten then slowly lift the rod to set the hook. When it is windy, forget it.

What kind of lures will the tilapia take at Rochedale?

something really small with lots of trebles or Berkley earthworm softplastics rigged like bait. Otherwise the only plastic small enough for them to readily attack are Damiki Bings

post-1039-144599005733_thumb.jpg

But when they are in a feeding mood poppers work too. This one is a big timber bass popper from D&S

post-1039-144599005745_thumb.jpg

Cast net :whistle:

Actually saw a guy in Stable Swamp Creek where it goes under the Ipswich Motorway throwing a cast net about lunchtime today. He was standing out in the middle of it in thigh deep water.

Right at the end of the tidal influence there.

I would like to have an exemption to allow bow fishing carp and tilapia. Would be much less frustrating.

Probably legal to use in the current drought. Remember cast net rules have changed, the divisor is no longer "tidal waters", its fresh / salt. In the current drought the salt will have gone a long way upstream, in February 2011 it would have been technically illegal to use a cast net in most of moreton bay! (An interesting sidebar - at Bribie the other day, they told us they had add salt to the sea water until only a few months ago after the 2011 floods, the sea water of Bribie's salt levels have been to low to support breeding the salt water fish they are studying)

Long time lurker first post

I have been keeping this spot quite as I've been trying for the Past Few weeks with no Avail.

First spotted it scouting out another spot.

*Take the Gravel exit before the pine river bridge

*Follow the dirt road to the end and you will be greeted with a gate

*Take the right turn at the gate and follow the dirt track down beside the high way

*Follow the fence line and you will find a hole in the fence

(The drain is not apart of the quarry, it is the drainage system to collect rubbish before it enters the pine.)

At first count I saw about 40. Some looking to be absolute monsters, around the 40cm mark

So far I have Tried

- Sessions at Dawn, Mid Morning, Late Afternoon ~ Evening, Night

- Each Time Tried, Live Worms, Peeled Prawns, Dough, Burleyed up with Bread every-time

- Tried Under a Float, Small Pea Sinker, No Sinker.

- Flick soft plastics and some bass lures

You can quite literately swim your worm right in the face of them and they won't turn for anything.

I can't figure it out. Not to sure what they are feeding on, I have seen a school of mullet swimming around too.

/>https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=-27.293327,153.01805&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x6b93e3546361c9a1:0xbde2ec652fb7ea4d,-27.293327,153.01805&gl=au&ei=ebp5UrzvCOaiigevt4HQCg&ved=0CCsQ8gEwAA

Would be a good public service if someone can get down there and clean it out whilst they are trapped. I would imagine if we start to good down pores they would be free to start traveling back up stream.

Post up your results if you do.

Callum

Went to the pond at Rochedale today could see many good size tilapia but wouldn't bite I used Bread,prawns,worms bottom fished top fished even threw baited hook into the nests nothing however got 2 eeltail catfish 2 to 3 kg (Prawns) 1 21cm Perch (worms)2 Turtles (prawns)and 3 snags (logs) people tell me it is easy to catch Tilapia I must be doing something wrong any suggestions? Tilapia here in OZ don't fish the same as in Thailand.

Thanks,

Mick :S

I burlied with two loaves of bread bread crumbed with a fish attractor added that absolutly brains the tilapia in Thailand.

The only thing I did notice was in Thailand when the Tilapia are breeding they don't bite and seeing the number of nests at the Rochedale pond it must be breeding time.

The Tilapia were actually picking up my baited hook size 1 and removing it from the nest but if i striked I'd miss no hook up.Maybe after the breeding season??? anyway back to Thailand on the 16th will post pictures of my catches over their.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...