Another Swap Meet 3rd May

Angus

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thatkellychic wrote:

trwarren83 wrote:
Youve gotta ask that question that we have all had to ask at one point.....

"Are you guys from AFO?" :blush:

i'll be happy to do that. :)

can i bring someone who's not a member of the forum too?

Of course! The more the merrier.

Looking like a good turn out ladies and gents.

Looking forward to it!

Angus

Angus wrote:

thatkellychic wrote:
trwarren83 wrote:
Youve gotta ask that question that we have all had to ask at one point.....

"Are you guys from AFO?" :blush:

i'll be happy to do that. :)

can i bring someone who's not a member of the forum too?

Of course! The more the merrier.

Looking like a good turn out ladies and gents.

Looking forward to it!

Angus

thanks. :laugh:

sweet. I guess I'll be there too :) Although I don't have anything to sell, I'm always a sucker to buying things :)

Will also be keen on a deckie spot or a spare yak if anyone has a spare :) Also for the newies out there, don't be shy to come along and say G'day. One of the Wello meets ages ago was where I first met some of the AFO'rs including Angus and Faulked was nice enough to let me deckie on his boat even though I'd just met him :) Great chance to say G'day and I'm sure most oldies will have their AFO shirts on so its not easy to miss us :)

Do$tylz wrote:

sweet. I guess I'll be there too :) Although I don't have anything to sell, I'm always a sucker to buying things :)

Will also be keen on a deckie spot or a spare yak if anyone has a spare :) Also for the newies out there, don't be shy to come along and say G'day. One of the Wello meets ages ago was where I first met some of the AFO'rs including Angus and Faulked was nice enough to let me deckie on his boat even though I'd just met him :) Great chance to say G'day and I'm sure most oldies will have their AFO shirts on so its not easy to miss us :)

Mate I can lend you a yak if you can get it there. But im not sure how on your roof :P

Ill try to drag Dad along as well so we might be able to bring another for you mate.

Angus

I have a Viking Nemo set up for fishing if anyone wants it on the day. Also there is a spot available in my boat (all applications will be considered, but judges decision will be biased and final) for anyone that wants to apply.

Angus - Is it possible to put this in the events calender as thats where all my rostering is done from, and I dont mind coming in 30 minutes early to spark up the BBQ if needed. Will PM you about it.

bootyinblue wrote:

I have a Viking Nemo set up for fishing if anyone wants it on the day. Also there is a spot available in my boat (all applications will be considered, but judges decision will be biased and final) for anyone that wants to apply.

Angus - Is it possible to put this in the events calender as thats where all my rostering is done from, and I dont mind coming in 30 minutes early to spark up the BBQ if needed. Will PM you about it.

Hey Booty,

Event added to the calendar mate.

Sorry because this just started out as talk and planning I overlooked this.

Cheers.

straddiebrad wrote:

if it is possible i would like to follow some one in my boat to get a rough idea on witch part of the bay to fish.thanks brad

Mate I dont think youll have any trouble following anyone.

Wello is easy, well marked and not far from the ramp.

So itll be easy to link up with the crew.

Angus

ok just got word Wello ramp get's too shallow for my boat np's there If the weather gods are nice I'll take my boat to manly about 4 pm sat arvo and launch from there do an overnighter back at the ramp 9-930 am and drive to wello for the swap meet 2 deckie spots open preference's will be given to a land locked members or same with a friend to keep with the spirit :)

cheers Gaz

bootyinblue wrote:

Ohhh no! Ray has just pointed out that this is the same day as the Wivenhoe Dam open day, so I am going to have to be a scratching.

BUT..... Anyone that feels like a fish from a yak and wants to borrow mine is more than welcome to come and pick it up from Ipswich area.

What is the agenda for the meet.

Here is a possibility.

Dawnish start.

Fish till 10.30

swap till 11.30.

Last one we had cast net demo would anyone be interested?

Knife sharpening demo?

Anyone want to give any tackle talks? Maybe Zimman or bozo soft plastics.

Yaking finer points or modifications.

Any other suggestions?

It all helps to make a good day and info for newbies and dumb oldies like me.

Cheers

Ray

Gazza wrote:

ok just got word Wello ramp get's too shallow for my boat np's there If the weather gods are nice I'll take my boat to manly about 4 pm sat arvo and launch from there do an overnighter back at the ramp 9-930 am and drive to wello for the swap meet 2 deckie spots open preference's will be given to a land locked members or same with a friend to keep with the spirit :)

cheers Gaz

mate would it be possible to tag along in my boat with u as i am a bit worried abouy the low water as well,and dont know the bay that well. thanks brad

GET YOUR DECKIE TODAY!

Name: WALLY

WALLY comes ready to:

-HAUL ASS & ANCHOR (and please the skipper :huh: )

-DRINK BOOZE (and bring booze too! :P )

-CHAT ABOUT ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING (or just plain nonsense :blink: )

-CATCH FISH (attempt to at least :woohoo: )

GET YOURS TODAY!

on a more serious note... is anyone doing an over nighter on saturday night?

or going out 6am sunday morning? and needs a deckie?

cause im game to do some fishing before the swap meet and could use the chance to learn more from guys with boats.

cheers

Wally

well guys i have a deckie spot if anybody is interested i dont know of many spots in the bay but if u are willing to give it a go so am i ,iam sure some one will send us in the right direction,there is only one spot sorry guys but first in first served,as i said i dont know of many good spot but will die trying send a pm if u are keen. brad

will be there for the bbq ,swap meet.maybe fish off the bank.

no tinny or canoe.

the cruiser is broken .she took us camping and got us home .but don't really want to drive it.got some nasty diff, bearing and uni noises.so it's going on blocks so i can rebuilt the drive train before may 22.

unless i get a tow bar for the Mazda and fit it by sunday.not much chance of that happening.

and if i got the roof racks for the Mazda i would not feel right having the canoe on the roof of it.roof is not so strong on small cars and it's a no gutters type roof .it has the bars along the roof where u put racks but all the weight would be on the flat and cave in the roof i'm sure of it.

so i would rather have a rest and relax this weekend and fish from the beach/bank .

Archived