2009 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

Do$tylz wrote:

eyah.. if anyone sees me waving my arms madly in my yak.... please come and see if I need help :) chances are yes.. otherwise I'm just saying G'day :)

Mate, put your mobile in a waterproof something. You've got mine and a few others' numbers if you do need as$istance. Whatever you do - don't text me though; I can't read when I'm fishing.

Don't forget your toilet paper either. There's been a few big noahs around there lately.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone still chasing a decky spot? Will be chasing bream and flatties on lures (my boat is a bait free zone). Will probably have a bit of a late start as I have to go to the airport.

Angus have you got a ride after everyone has checked in? Happy to come back early and help get everything organised for the 'pic in'

bigtez wrote:

Anyone still chasing a decky spot? Will be chasing bream and flatties on lures (my boat is a bait free zone). Will probably have a bit of a late start as I have to go to the airport.

Angus have you got a ride after everyone has checked in? Happy to come back early and help get everything organised for the 'pic in'

MAte thanks for the offer but ill be manning the HQ during the day.

Good luck!!

Angus

ellicat wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:
eyah.. if anyone sees me waving my arms madly in my yak.... please come and see if I need help :) chances are yes.. otherwise I'm just saying G'day :)

Mate, put your mobile in a waterproof something. You've got mine and a few others' numbers if you do need as$istance. Whatever you do - don't text me though; I can't read when I'm fishing.

Don't forget your toilet paper either. There's been a few big noahs around there lately.

Yeah, last couple of times cruising along the shipping channel near moreton have had to dodge large hammerheads cruising along the surface. Also saw a couple of bullies jumping out around mud island, one would have gone 8ft easy. Not trying to scare you or anything henry... But I might tie some fish heads to your yak when you aren't looking!!! Ha ha ha! ;)

Please check the new thread titled "Moreton Bay Classic - Competior List" to ensure you are listed if you think you have registered.

/>http://australianfishing.com.au/forum?func=view&catid=99&id=194569#194590

Cheers guys.

Angus

Do$tylz wrote:

I honestly dunno what I'd do if I saw a big shark cruise past me or if it took a fish in was tryng to reel in.

I'm pretty sure it would end my fishing for the day though.

It has never happened to me on a kayak. But at straddy it happens all the time on a surf board.

I would prefer to be in my kayak :P

Angus

ellicat wrote:

Does the laptop have Bluetooth capabilities ? If so can Bluetooth be used to send the pics ?

No, only USB cables for cameras and SD cards we can insert in our laptop. Possibly will have a USB cable for an olympus camera as well so we can get photos from Olympus cameras (as they take XD cards). Best bet is to bring your cameras USB cable otherwise you may not be able to make a valid entry if we cant get your photo.

:)

Its going to be an early start tomorrow, I just hope Gus has a pot of coffee on the go when we get to the registration... you have organised a barista for tomorrow haven't you Angus? I simply can't start the day without my double shot latté and a french pastry.

2 sugars with mine mate.

kreel wrote:

Its going to be an early start tomorrow, I just hope Gus has a pot of coffee on the go when we get to the registration... you have organised a barista for tomorrow haven't you Angus? I simply can't start the day without my double shot latté and a french pastry.

2 sugars with mine mate.

Sorry mate no Barrista.

But ill let you bring me one :P

Angus

righto tackle has all been sorted and packed (got way more than anyone would need but thats me) rods checked and reels lubed ready to go. fishing clothes all laid out and car fuelled up ready to launch. alarm set for 2:30. all this work for a donut!!! will be using the day to hone my lure skills as will not be using bait at all.

Archived