Warning...

LostNearBribie

I have posted this on the site it happened on, but it is a good lesson for us all...

A warning to all fellow members of Bream Master and other forums.

I have been a very regular buyer and seller of fishing gear over the past three years or so, on four different forums.

Last month I purchased a G Loomis DSR8200 rod from Bill Daniel (DOGFIGHT on Bream Master).

Things went smoothly, I was going to pick the rod up, but then we ended up meeting near my place as he was heading up to 1770 for a week. Told me his wife had just left him and he was heading away fishing with a mate for a while.

Made exchange, cash for him, rod for me, all good.

I used the rod during the week, caught a nice fish with it, so sent him a PM letting him know I was happy with the rod and thanks.

Also asked how his trip went. His reply on the 13th of August:

“got some nice fish, mate. then came home to find out i have cancerâ€

I lost my dad to cancer a couple of years back, so this struck a chord with me and I kept in touch through PM’s and SMS.

Bill told me he had an in-operable form of testicular cancer, 14 months to live. Leaving behind 3 kids, aged 16, 4 and 2.5. The missus couldn’t handle it so she has left too. (Alarm bell one should have gone off here. He told me earlier that his wife had left him.)

A couple of weeks later he contacted me to see if I could book a flight back to the Gold Coast for him from Sydney. He was down there seeing an oncologist and he had given him less time to live and wanted to get back to the coast quick. Didn’t have a credit card. I was up the Sunny Coast and didn’t have access to a computer, so I couldn’t help him out.

Got home that night, contacted him and he said he had it sorted.

Then last Friday, the 27th of August, he contacted me again telling me he needed cash for a cancer treatment as he had underestimated the costs. Need the cash today. Gave me a list of gear he could unload.

A few Exist 2004, some Loomis Rods, a Samurai rod, some Breambusters, a Certate, boxes of lures etc. I though I could raise around $800 that day and my brother wanted the Samurai, so that made it around a $1000 so said I would take some of the gear up to that value.

Billy then told me his brother Sean was taking all his stuff up to Noosa on Saturday and could meet me at the same spot as last time. He would have Bills phone, so I could reach him on the same number (more alarm bells here!).

He didn’t show up. I have had all sorts of lies and crap since.

Got messages from him saying he is “at Nambour will call soonâ€.

Then a message saying he lives at 114 Bradman Ave at Maroochydore, come and get your stuff. There is no 114 Bradman Ave. Glad I worked that out before driving up there.

I’m out a $1000 that I really didn’t have and I’m going to pay a high price for feeling sorry for and trying to help this scum bag.

Looking back through old PM’s and SMS I should have worked this out myself. To start with, when I first bought the rod from him, we was telling me his name was Pete.

So there are two parts to this story.

One:

Please don’t be a sucker like myself and get taken by low life, like this bloke. He is an absolute disgrace to humanity and the fishing community.

Two:

If you know of this bloke, have fished with him, dealt with him in any way, know where he lives, works, rock he crawls under etc. Please let me know.

It is in the hands of the police now and they have all the info they need.

I would like to meet him face to face though, so let me know if you have any info.

Cheers mate, thanks for the heads up. You were just too nice and trusting. Im sure ive seen that username floating around before on another site. A case of absolute bad luck :evil:

If he asks for money again, tell him you have a spare $1000 bucks he can have but just meet up at the local cop shop.

cheers,

ty

i am surprised you hadnt heard about him "jigman" or "dogfight" he is a bit of a running joke.. didnt know he had graduated from a serial liar to a theif/conman though... sorry to hear you got ripped off.

is this the guy your talking about..?

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/13/20/55/89/image110.jpg' alt='image110.jpg'>

Funfisher wrote:

i am surprised you hadnt heard about him "jigman" or "dogfight" he is a bit of a running joke.. didnt know he had graduated from a serial liar to a theif/conman though... sorry to hear you got ripped off.

is this the guy your talking about..?

<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/13/20/55/89/image110.jpg' alt='image110.jpg'>

We had a Jigman 72 on here a while ago,he caused a bit of a stir if i remenber. Asked me to go fishing with him a couple of times.

Looks like a bit of a speed freak. Seen that look before.

Its sh!t that someone takes advantage of anothers generousity.

Testicular cancer is always operable. You just chop the balls off. Just had a mate go through it and we call him one nut Pete now. If your going to get cancer its the one you want. If it hasn't spread its essentially 100% curable. If it has still %90 plus.

Angus wrote:

Do any AFOers maybe have a better idea where this guy lives?

I know at least person who actaully did end up fishing with him...

I hate that people like this as they cause me to be forever sceptical and vigilant even at the expense of helping someone who might really derserve it.

Angus

its people like him that cause other not tio care for others!!! hope the cops nab him, what a scammer

daveylad wrote:

Fellers just a thought but hes probably reading these threads and all we are doing is forewarning him!!!! ;)

I agree with that hey, no point lighting the streets form him to see, wait in the alley with a 12 gauge

Sorry to hear you're down a thousand mate, that's a lot of cash in anyones eyes. Especially because he pulled the cancer card too, it's an emotional kick in the arse. My grandmother just got over cancer a few months ago, and it isn't something to be joked about.

Sick prick

jeez that's low.

Man he's certainly making a name for himself in the online fishing world... and all for the wrong reasons.

I hope you can have this solved through the legal channels and not go through the path we'd all like to head down. Keep us posted on how you go. If you need any help from the mods or admin here about IP's or anything like that, shout out mate.

Yeah he's thick as 2 bricks.. Multiple user name changes then would get sussed in 2 seconds cause he'd open his new account with an introduction of being new to the Goldy then comment on someones gold coast post about how he's been fishing that spot for the past 20 years and slayed 12 milk fish at a secret spot near there. Seriously dumb as a bucket of shrimp!

He's definately was/is in the vacinity of Tallebudgerra - maybe it's a good idea to take that photo of him into the local tackle shops down there? I would imagine he would have a rep similar in the tackle stores of the same - "oh dear dear it's this clown again" whipping up stories about blue marlin on 3lb or some crud. They'd definately know him and might be able to help you out with a good car description, known where abouts or license plate.. Then it's just a matter of choosing the soldering iron or the 3 iron haha..

Good luck dude.

If that is a picture of him and 100% about it, then pass on a copy to Police who do up a an old school wanted poster for the internal email... It flushes them out pretty quick.

Perhaps a few flyers around telegraph poles and local tackle shops might spur him into surrendering himself and your money too.

Me and jigman got stuck into 15kg GT's on 1lb string in the 17th ave lagoon a while back....... good times... ;-)

There are plenty of sheisters around, but geez....telling porkies about a terminal illness really is dancing with the devil from a karma point of view......

lets not be too hard on the guy, he might have acted like scum but he has to live with that.

He obviously has a problem of some sort.

No one here knows the truth for certain.

Just saying keep an open mind guys, I never like to see someone hung drawn and quartered for something that is totally retrievable.

Amends can still be made in time.

cheers

robin wrote:

Why don't we invite him on one of the boats for some fishing, and drop him and leave him at one of the remote spots on morton island

ahahah i like your id made me laugh a lot :laugh:

Hope you all the best in taking down this low life scum...

hooked_on_trout wrote:

lets not be too hard on the guy, he might have acted like scum but he has to live with that.

He obviously has a problem of some sort.

No one here knows the truth for certain.

Just saying keep an open mind guys, I never like to see someone hung drawn and quartered for something that is totally retrievable.

Amends can still be made in time.

cheers

from experiences i have found with people i run by once a knob always a knob. to pull a low life cancer line like he has he deserves a kick in the balls repeatedly.

Archived