2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keen as for this, first ever fishing social, have registered and paid, for myself and flash1980 but have had nothing to say that payment has been confirmed. Is this the go or will notification come out closer to the event.

Andrew

Andrew I have seen your region come through so all is good. Unique items will be issued much closer to the the event. I also see gordons rego.

Thanks for that, this being my first event wasn't to sure how the financial side of it went. Not long now, just warning take your ear plugs, gordo's snoring sounds like a chainsaw. :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks for the heads up but don't worry they will be some other champion snore's up there like kreel the crazyman and your's truly but only after a few beers :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks for that, this being my first event wasn't to sure how the financial side of it went. Not long now, just warning take your ear plugs, gordo's snoring sounds like a chainsaw. :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks for the heads up but don't worry they will be some other champion snore's up there like kreel the crazyman and your's truly but only after a few beers :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

sounds like all night fishing is on the cards, prefer the sound of the drag screaming over snoring bears :silly: :lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Three weeks to go and getting pumped, have organised a 4 day weekend, driving from toowoomba via brisbane to noosa is not going to be so much fun but it will be worth it. Hopefully the weather eases up and the system has a chance to empty out the fresh. Will be great to meet up with some of the guys as I missed the marlin social.

Andrew

I hear carter is going to shave his beard off and fish from a different boat due to the ammount ofpeople who will be following him around.. you may be able to spot him though.. He'll be the one sending everyone after the "real carter" to bizarre un-named creeks that dry out with the tide... If you see someone holding a jack in one hand while fist pumping, looking up to the left at nothing in particular and laughing like an evil bugger,,, you found him

Looking like I can only make friday and saturday now. Do I need to have a camera for this event? I assume if I want to submit any fish i do... :unsure:

I'll give you my number and you can call me if you get a decent fish. I'll lend you the camera and hold the fish so you can take the picture. Remember - no zooming allowed. :whistle: :lol:

I hear carter is going to shave his beard off and fish from a different boat due to the ammount ofpeople who will be following him around.. you may be able to spot him though.. He'll be the one sending everyone after the "real carter" to bizarre un-named creeks that dry out with the tide... If you see someone holding a jack in one hand while fist pumping, looking up to the left at nothing in particular and laughing like an evil bugger,,, you found him

Brad your a funny bugger, I did shave it off over christmas but looked like a 12 year old boy so have grown it back.

With the way the weather has been everybody is in for a chance of winning any of the categories.

For those willing to fish at night (not me) the big jacks will be out. I havnt nailed a jack for quite a few weeks but saying that I have only fished the river twice since Christmas.

My last encounter of Barra was about 2 weeks ago just before the heavy rain, I jumped one off whilst chasing Jacks, An old friend (Ken) landed one and jumped another off not far from where I hooked up, so they are still around and a viable target species for the top half of the river. He has also caught a few small Jacks recently around the mouth of Cootharaba but says they have been very slow. You know the guy Brad, the old fella that I told you to say giday to ;)

Wednesday afternoon is open season fro Barra so guess what I will be doing, weather permitting?

Flathead will all be down at the river mouth, local reports have shown plenty in the 60-75cm range being caught on drifted live baits.

Bass will be up in the glades and wide spread, anybody keen on chasing them with yaks can launch at Harrys Hut, powered boats can not go up past HArrys.

I'll give you my number and you can call me if you get a decent fish. I'll lend you the camera and hold the fish so you can take the picture. Remember - no zooming allowed.

Hahaha! ... somehow I don't think that would be practical!

I just bought a camera today. Guess now I need a brag mat right? :huh:

I'll give you my number and you can call me if you get a decent fish. I'll lend you the camera and hold the fish so you can take the picture. Remember - no zooming allowed.

You can use mine, to make it more authentic you can even use my number :)

or a ruler. (80cm)

I have a spare bragmat to lend for the event

....or if you're using this event as an excuse (to the mrs) to stock up then yes you will definitely need one and no-one will lend you one ;) :silly:

Archived