Enoughs Enough!!!

Shane69

Bloody hell, talk a about a low act.... it really shits me that people take undersize fish or over their bag limits.... then have the audacity to whinge that someone did the right thing by advising the authorities... Personally, I would not have responded to the (probably empty) threat..... and just made another complaint to authorities..... and let the tools find out that they will continue to be responsible for their actions whether they like it or not.....

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all your responsed guys.

I dont want to take all credit as i had a few afo members here who helped me out through this processes.

I didnt want to name him for his own safety but looks like alot of you guys picked up straight away.Like EUG said we tried to speak up before but everytime we spoke up our comments got deleted or altered with.

I dont care if they fish there but if you do you have to follow rules. Just do the right thing n no one has a problem or gets in trouble

I hope this has taught them a lesson and they stop doing this

Shane

They should have had there buts kicked and there fishing gear conviscated from them and not be allowed to fish in that area agian. I have spent allot of time trying to catch jew like this and have not been successfull, why spoil it by taking undersize fish

. People how do this sort of thing really makes my blood boil. If the are undersize let them go :angry:

I thought posting false reports and illegal fishing was against site rulz?

It is against rules if it is obvious in the post. Even now that it is abvious, I don't think its a good thing to delete the posts as they are a learning for everyone and it gives the history of this story. Maybe as mods we'll lock the threads with a final post directing to this thread to close them out. Angus? Elli? thoughts?

Well done Shane and co for doing the right thing and big ups for manning up and posting it on AFO.

Eug, Kiara and others - I know you guys were trying to do the right thing by letting us know through here, but I guess you need to understand the position that the mods are in when those accusations are posted in the forums. Without solid evidence, it turns to speculation and then in the end turns to an all out on the forum which is no good for anyone and particularly no good for the vibe of the forum.

As for the culprits - sorry boys. I'm on everyone else's side for this one. Blatant disregard for the rules, attempting to hold your ground when being called out and then finally busted. You have genuinely (in my asian family's terms) painted AFO's face black and disgraced the many fisherman that do the right thing. In particular you help the whole "white bucket brigade" name stick... except you're using a bloody crate. Very disappointing.

and un-australian (would have been the perfect call yesterday)

Shane and the others who helped him , thanks for doing such a great, professional and mature job in helping fisheries enforce a law that benefits us and future generations.

It is integrity and honesty by people such as yourselves that puts a smile on my face and reminds me that there are still people with values in a society where they seem to be ever diminishing.

When I hear stories of abuse of friendships and privilage of information it is quite disheartening, but when good prevails over bad, even in a small way, at least some justice is served.

Well done mate! Keep up the excellent work, I thourougly enjoy your reports and the passion you have for fishing, as well the your passion for conservation. Having grown up with a family member responsible for creating several protected areas starting back in the 70's and 80's I sure do understand where that passion and drive comes from.

Two thumbs up and a "hip hip hooray" from us all here on AFO :cheer: :lol:

Yeah there are a lot of people that don't care. Had a few mates as deckies that are like that, using the excuse I didn't know. Got told by someone they caught a barra undersize and out of season. He took it anyway and just blamed ignorance, didn't realise.

I am the one who takes the fish off the hook usually in my boat now. I check the size straight away and flick them over if undersize. If I dont know what they are I flick them in the live bait tank, look at the guides, if I don't know what they are I flick them over anyway.

There are size limits for a reason. If people disreguard them we wont be able to get any legal ones and then the fishery suffers as well.

Nice work Shane. Still have to catch up out the bay sometime.

Good on you guys! - hopefully not just a small victory.

Makes me wonder how many other people are out there every night, killing local fish populations.

Is it time to start a "Brisbane Fish Militia"? :angry:

hahaha.. we did actually once have a run of AFO Miltia shirts. Someone would have a photo of theirs.

I just keep going back to the first post and looking at the pictures and getting disgusted over and over again.

I still haven't caught a legal jew and to see somebody running wholesale slaughter is just too much.

Thanks Shane for standing up and doing the right thing even when it is somebody you know who is doing the wrong thing. Shows strong character and morals.

Cheers,

Gary

Well done to those involved in achieving a high + positive over a low negative :woohoo:

where knuckle dragging comments are concerned, be aware that many “guests†use this site and they may not be able to distinguish between 2 negatives, at times even fellow AFOers` have trouble seeing the positives between these negatives. :(

I just keep going back to the first post and looking at the pictures and getting disgusted over and over again.

I still haven't caught a legal jew and to see somebody running wholesale slaughter is just too much.

Thanks Shane for standing up and doing the right thing even when it is somebody you know who is doing the wrong thing. Shows strong character and morals.

Cheers,

Gary

I share your sentiments exactly Gary, and agree it takes some guts to act the way Shane did especially considering the offender was a mate in the past. Also it's great to see that a call to the authorities can end in some action being taken and I'm hopeful that this thread will make some others think twice about what should go in the esky and what should be returned to the water. Let it be a warning to others :angry:

It is against rules if it is obvious in the post. Even now that it is abvious, I don't think its a good thing to delete the posts as they are a learning for everyone and it gives the history of this story. Maybe as mods we'll lock the threads with a final post directing to this thread to close them out. Angus? Elli? thoughts?

Good idea. Let me know when you've finished. :P

Another good idea would be for members that know with certainty that another member is posting reports that are false or misleading or have been acting illegally (as in this case) to let the mods or admin know early so appropriate measures can be taken. I have learnt of some other instances in the past that I found out about months and months later on, which makes things much more difficult to bother with ;)

and just an observation of history, before the size limit was increased, I would catch an odd one here and there. Now a good couple of breeding seasons have passed, there are definitely more coming over the side of my boat (mainly undersize). So the science seems to work and this tool is just spitting in all our faces by raping what we have been nurturing.

And I have seen many excuses for the ways of the white bucket brigade, mostly to do with the way they do things "back home" but these knob jockeys are definitely young enough to not use those excuses. Greed and arrogance are their traits. I have no doubt someone will recognise young Moses in the street one day, knock him down and stomp on his pea sized testicles. Not condoning it, but there are people out there passionate about all sorts of things, and the jew fishermen are a unique bunch.

Maybe it all should be put under a scum section... instead of the categories they are already in. B)

I thought posting false reports and illegal fishing was against site rulz?

Well done Shane and co for doing the right thing and big ups for manning up and posting it on AFO.

Eug, Kiara and others - I know you guys were trying to do the right thing by letting us know through here, but I guess you need to understand the position that the mods are in when those accusations are posted in the forums. Without solid evidence, it turns to speculation and then in the end turns to an all out on the forum which is no good for anyone and particularly no good for the vibe of the forum.

As for the culprits - sorry boys. I'm on everyone else's side for this one. Blatant disregard for the rules, attempting to hold your ground when being called out and then finally busted. You have genuinely (in my asian family's terms) painted AFO's face black and disgraced the many fisherman that do the right thing. In particular you help the whole "white bucket brigade" name stick... except you're using a bloody crate. Very disappointing.

and un-australian (would have been the perfect call yesterday)

Shane...

I applaud you for doing the right thing, especially when like yourself....

I too considered Moses a supposed friend???..... It pains me to hear that, a young kid like him, has disgracefully spat your trust and friendship back in your face..... I myself and I think others on the site, would feel a little fudged off, for encouraging him to carry on with the great posts, and telling him how well he was doing,when really he was carrying out dispicable acts...bud it's also pathetic to think he has the audacity, to send a threatening text.... When realistically everything has come to be, because of his blatant disregard for everything you, myself, and everyone on this site are meant to stand for....

Not only have you proven yourself, but I think you have gained a lot of respect from me and alot of others....

I hope, that one day I might still come your way for a fish, and that after.... This mess.... You won't change your attitude, and still think you can share without being ......FUDGED OVER.....

Vic

it seems that he may have deleted photos and posts when he was last on last night unless i am looking in the wrong spot to read the posts

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/386379-br-madness-you-gotta-love-variety#386597
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/385003-br-madness-jew-upgrade
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/386927-br-madness-jew-upgrade-no2#387088
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/384865-br-madness-double-session-blitzz
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/383683-br-madness-the-madness-just-got-crazierrr
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/381600-br-madness-the-3-muskatailors-a-his-2-accomplices

Here are some for starters

it seems that he may have deleted photos and posts when he was last on last night unless i am looking in the wrong spot to read the posts

/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/386379-br-madness-you-gotta-love-variety#386597
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/385003-br-madness-jew-upgrade
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/386927-br-madness-jew-upgrade-no2#387088
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/384865-br-madness-double-session-blitzz
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/383683-br-madness-the-madness-just-got-crazierrr
/>http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/10-all-brisbane-rivers-and-creeks-reports/381600-br-madness-the-3-muskatailors-a-his-2-accomplices

Love his "release" shot...

Always knew there was something dodgy about him after a few members spotted him doing illegal activities

Last post from ellicat on Jew upgrade topic pretty much says it all:

If you are fishing an illegal area or gaining access illegally, you are sure to ruffle some feathers on a forum. Just man up and accept it for what it is and either keep taking the risk of fishing there or change spots.

I think it ties in nicely with bag and size limits too

Come on Moses you have a right of reply, we are waiting

Man, it friggin sucks ai. U show him how to do it, where to do it all in good faith and the prick thanks you by doing this. Makes my blood boil.

1400$ fine for 1 night of being pinged.. He was doin this for well over a month, 1400$ is bugger all in comparison to what he has made (and the people he sells it to). I reckon he will be back within a week, take another 48kg of undersized fish & sell it to make up his losses. He won't learn.

I am not sure if this is within site rules but here is a pic of him "releasing" an undersized fish (which I'm willing to bet he sold)

post-2162-144598747978_thumb.jpg

YEAH LOOK AT ME - I AM RELEASING THIS FISH ... LOOK U CAN SEE I AM - I have the lip grip firmly attached to the fish and looking into the camera to make sure all of you can see I am releasing it...

Have all his reports been locked? Can they be, and moved into a shame file folder for future reading and reference. Nothing is going to be a bigger deterrent than to have all your evidence locked and unable to be removed with a picture of your smiling dial as the front page.

Does someone have a good face shot of him?

Hey Moses when (if) you read this, what was with all the complaining about the wbb down at Southport when we were talking? You are no better, in fact you are much worse. Why don't you explain yourself?

You sounds like a heart broken lover :P

I'm having a teary right now :P I'm just a bit pissed, we had a pretty good chat round here at mine and he genuinely seemed like a good kid.

Made me sick to see my thank you on the first post thought him a bit of a hero now realize he is a zero.

Hey Moses when (if) you read this, what was with all the complaining about the wbb down at Southport when we were talking? You are no better, in fact you are much worse. Why don't you explain yourself?

he's just a useless $#&*$^#^%@$!@$* hypocrite. full of sh1t and an embarassment to the asian community.

Moses, it's coz of you that other asian anglers get shit from some of the fishing community. All your lies and all your sh1t about releasing fish. You're full of crap man. You seriously expected ANYONE to believe that a mate heading out into the bay dropped you off on shore?

You seemed soo eager to prove yourself the GUN fisho, the BR GURU, PRO FISHERMAN with a $800500 reel!! Pro Fisherman Commercial Fisherman too chicken to answer now? I hope your sh1tbox breaks down on your way back to Springfield lakes one day!!

I suppose this might be a good time for me to mention something.

I never met Moses, and I've used the term "WBB" but I did not realize it carried with it a connotation or even an implied slur against Asians.

So, if I've offended anybody of Asian heritage by using the term wbb, I apologize. Where I am from, you are more likely to see somebody who looks like they were born in Tasmania (see, I know what that one means :P ) raping the waterways by taking a bucket of illegal fish.

Anyhow, unless you are the one out there raping the resources or trying to stick a finger up my bum, you are cool with me!

Anyhow, unless you are the one out there raping the resources or trying to stick a finger up my bum, you are cool with me!

Anyone who hasn't read the Shorncliffe thread is prob a little confused right now why your bum would be under threat Gary .........................

Archived