Fishing Forum Wanted

ONTHECHEW

Well said. I must say, I'm of the opinion that the overall comments on this site are very positive and everyone seems very friendly.

I agree with you about the way that forums sometimes go. I was a very regular member/user of a sporting forum for a few years, but unfortunately that forum turned into a Aus/NZ/RSA bitch fest which ruined the website.

Hopefully with the great personalities that are on this site, and the fact that many of the forum users actually know each other, this site won't end up down that path.

We have site rules in place to foster community spirit and a friendly atmosphere on this site. We have close to 9500 members now and it is always going to be tough keeping the peace with that many differing opinions, backgrounds and attitudes. We do try and keep the site fairly open yet we still do have to moderate discussions and posts, however this is not always going to please everyone but we do this in a way we believe is consistent with out rules and in a way that retains our site goals. After 7 years we think the site is still a great, friendly place to chat, discuss and learn from each other.

Things seem to have become very serious all of a sudden. All I want to say is the owners/mods do a sweet job and IMO this is the best site around for anyone that fishes south east queensland bar none.

The reports side on things will come back once recent issues fade into memory and the wounds heal. I have avoided posting reports aswell, but I do share reports with other members via PM every week and we learn heaps from each other. Without this site I would never have met these people so IMO the community is still going strong.

Anyway keep up the good work guys, it is a thankless task and I for one have no idea how you put up with it from time to time.

The first thing people will reply to this post is that this is a free country, and it is an open forum and people can post what they want,

Andrew

I've had this said to me countless times after moderating by the person being silenced on the forum.

The fact is that this is a privately owned site, all members are here as guests and at the will of the owners. The rules provide a guideline for behaviour. Step outside those guidelines risks finding out about how "free speech" is not a right in a private club. Having your say is a privilege and nothing more.

Rational debate is a good thing; aggressive argument is not.

The Tigers will win the NRL GF in 2012. This cannot be debated or argued :P

There are SOO many good points raised :) but one I would like to add Why ? am I 'm a Lurker of late Mainly due to work then the weather's screwed and due to the fore mentioned work commitments to yard needs mowing etc etc so no input as far as offering advise Best Advise Search the Forum I gave up on copy and paste answers lol

Cheer Gaz

Can I also suggest this to any and all members anyway as once you attend such an event your online experience will be enhanced simply by the fact that you are more than just a funny username to many.

Angus

Some people do attend an event and walk away with an even funnier user name than what they arrived with.

They may not know what the name is, but the rest will!

In all seriousness, I have been a member on here coming up 5 years now. I have had some posts moderated, some posts have disappeared completely and others remain standing for people to learn from. Perhaps its because I often challenge the 'grey area' arguement about things, but thats just me. I am a black and white sort of guy.

This is however by far the best forum I have been involved with. With a membership approaching 10,000 its a cross section of the community on a whole. Would you walk down Queen Street Mall and belt everyone with a keyboard that looked funny, talked funny, or had a funnier view of things than you do? As said, debate is good, sledging is best left to competing boats on the water, and the best way to join the 'boys club' is to come and lean on the gunwhales of my boat (or anyone elses for that matter) and have a chinwag about things.

You only get as much out as you put in.

Ps... Who is this Gazza dude? Well back Bud, bout time you bought some sheep for your lawn!

Pss.... No need for Tomca to answer the Queen Street Mall question ;-)

Ps... Who is this Gazza dude? Well back Bud, bout time you bought some sheep for your lawn!

Come on Greg you orta Know A sheep or two in my street :woohoo: How long before stolen , eaten or well you know what LMAO :whistle:

I Lock up my ride on :blink:

Green concrete what a brilliant idea :silly:

Gaz

• 8 years later...
8 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

@ellicat I just stumbled upon this blast from the past, you must have been so much more busy back then ....... 🙂 I initially laughed when I read your 'the Tigers will win the 2012 NRL premiership and then unfortunately came to the realisation that their premiership drought is only one year longer then the 'heavyweight' club that I support ......... 😟.

Good to see this site having such a golden run for so many years now, with many 'old faces' still active and lots of fresh young talent (well, @Drop Bear isn't that young anymore I guess .......... 🙂).

Hi kmcrosby78

Yes, it is. I just spent the last 10/20 minutes reading all of the thread so I could understand (I like reading a lot of old threads, probably to many) everything and yes ellicat, you would've had so much work then. In my opinion, the forum still does have some friendly debate about topics, but we all get along well. 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

On 22/04/2020 at 10:16 PM, kmcrosby78 said:

Good to see this site having such a golden run for so many years now, with many 'old faces' still active and lots of fresh young talent (well, @Drop Bear isn't that young anymore I guess .......... 🙂).

Its funny. I missed out on all the crazy politics from back in the day. The legends here are all polite and informative. I wonder if all of us have learnt how to behave online? Dunno. I am just so glad that I have met so many of you legends that are on this site. It has absolutely changed and guided my life. 

Shellfish reefs forever.

12 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Its funny. I missed out on all the crazy politics from back in the day. The legends here are all polite and informative. I wonder if all of us have learnt how to behave online? Dunno. I am just so glad that I have met so many of you legends that are on this site. It has absolutely changed and guided my life. 

Shellfish reefs forever.

Hi Drop Bear

Yes, I 100% agree with you. Everyone here is great, polite, and helpful. I missed all the crazy big chats back a long time ago, LOL, in fact, a couple of them I would've been 3 or 4 (I don't know, but I do know way to young to type 😉). I do hope to meet some of you guys eventually (even if no one wants to meet me...) because you are all so nice and the forum itself is a great site! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

On 29/04/2020 at 6:13 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Drop Bear

Yes, I 100% agree with you. Everyone here is great, polite, and helpful. I missed all the crazy big chats back a long time ago, LOL, in fact, a couple of them I would've been 3 or 4 (I don't know, but I do know way to young to type 😉). I do hope to meet some of you guys eventually (even if no one wants to meet me...) because you are all so nice and the forum itself is a great site! 

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

happy to go for a fish one day mate

On 29/04/2020 at 6:13 PM, AUS-BNE-FISHO said:

Hi Drop Bear

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Have you seen OzFish? 

I run the Moreton Bay Chapter. We are restoring shellfish reefs in Moreton Bay. 

https://ozfish.org.au/

Junior membership is $15, Adult $25 and family is $35

We have a boat and an oyster lease that is great fun and good to fish from. 

This is our chapter page.

https://ozfish.org.au/chapters/central-moreton-bay/

Perhaps have a look and see if it is something you would like to join. 

Hey Drop Bear

I just read the page, and it certainly interests me. It's very good how you are restoring the shellfish reefs for fish habitat, better environment and ecosystems, etc.

I will look into it with my dad, I guess it will be his choice overall. 

I do hope the restrictions are eased a bit more eventually, but we probably could go for a fish one day. 🙂  

Cheers Hamish