2009 Flathead Social

Angus

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bigtez wrote:

bmxdirtjumpa wrote:
haha dostylz makes it sound waaay too good to pass up, so if its all good i'd be keen to jump in your boat bigtez

Will try and find out for sure today if I do have a free seat. If I do its all yours.

Good on ya Bigtez.

For any AFO non boaters, its worth throwing it out there if there are any seats available. I know a lot of offers are usually just waiting in the wings and a lot of good friendships have been formed over just that eventuality.

Numbers are looking good guys there will be a really good social!

Angus

bigtez wrote:

bmxdirtjumpa wrote:
haha dostylz makes it sound waaay too good to pass up, so if its all good i'd be keen to jump in your boat bigtez

Will try and find out for sure today if I do have a free seat. If I do its all yours.

Just heard back from my mate and he is out. So the decky spot is all yours bmx.

Henry, if you like you can jump on board as well. Should be able to fish the flats ok with 3 of us.

bigtez wrote:

bigtez wrote:
bmxdirtjumpa wrote:

Just heard back from my mate and he is out. So the decky spot is all yours bmx.

Henry, if you like you can jump on board as well. Should be able to fish the flats ok with 3 of us.

Thanks a heap, can't wait :)

straddiebrad wrote:

burger93 wrote:
Why not brad its a nive van park there make a good weekend of it
yer mate i think ist more viable to do it this way will know for sure in a few days .brad

i think the same too.

make a weekend of it .already there so u can start having a fish later .with out the bother of travel and get up early.

its the fuel cost side of it too .

kayak social i though it would cost 100 to 110$ fuel and about 270 km ,2 1/2 hrs each way .

the cruiser ran good end up costing 80 $ fuel.but the trip home took about 4 hrs .dam traffic .

so since it cost that much in fuel i always think about camping for a few days .

To a clarification as I have had a few PM's:

There is no pre event registration!

So you can start fishing as early in the morning as you want. Just be at the BBQ :)

I will be making a post about a hand signal to be used in the photo's in place of a "unique item" to keep the field honest. This hand signal will be disclosed the evening before the event.

Angus

Angus wrote:

To a clarification as I have had a few PM's:

There is no pre event registration!

So you can start fishing as early in the morning as you want. Just be at the BBQ :)

I will be making a post about a hand signal to be used in the photo's in place of a "unique item" to keep the field honest. This hand signal will be disclosed the evening before the event.

Angus

One hand on the camera, one holding the fish, use the other hand for the signal. :S Mate I'm not from Ipswich ;)

tacklebox wrote:

Eug wrote:
cool the lady and i should be able to make this one... any ideas for a cabin over night stay?

Bongaree Caravan Park have cabins and are right near HQ
/>http://www.bongareecaravanpark.com.au/

Thanks tacklebox!

Will check em out

wow this sounds awsome, new to this site, and this looks like a fun event, never fished the passage either so i would be keen as to get out there and have a go, will find out tomorrow if i can get the boat and once i know that i will send my entry in,

Cheers JV

Sly32 wrote:

wow this sounds awsome, new to this site, and this looks like a fun event, never fished the passage either so i would be keen as to get out there and have a go, will find out tomorrow if i can get the boat and once i know that i will send my entry in,

Cheers JV

Welcome to the site mate. This event is a perfect for first timers. There are quite a few first timers going plus a lot of veterans who will make you feel more than welcome.

Cheers.

Angus

Welcome to the site mate. This event is a perfect for first timers. There are quite a few first timers going plus a lot of veterans who will make you feel more than welcome.

Cheers.

Angus

Cheers mate, entry has been sent in, probably get my brother to come out and a mate aswell, should be good, just went out and bought $100 more of lures, once i start i cant stop lol,

just 1 thing though, with the comp, do we just rock up at any time in the morning to start fishing? just have to be at the park by midday? little bit confuised with that part,

Cheers JV

Sly32 wrote:

Cheers.

Angus

Cheers mate, entry has been sent in, probably get my brother to come out and a mate aswell, should be good, just went out and bought $100 more of lures, once i start i cant stop lol,

just 1 thing though, with the comp, do we just rock up at any time in the morning to start fishing? just have to be at the park by midday? little bit confuised with that part,

Cheers JV

Yeah mate, just start when you want and be there for the BBQ :)

Angus

The list so far.

Looking good gents and lassies.

Angus

1. Angus Gorrie - Angus

2. James Wahry - James W

3. Kylie Wahry - Fergies Mrs

4. Henry Do - Do$tylz

5. Dean Kennedy - kiwifisho

6. Tom Lazlo - Tomca

7. Travis Warren - Travis

8. Nic Keech - Keechie