Which member put 150lts of fuel into their hull

Seafarer

Which 1 of our members would have a fuel filler mishap and put 150ltrs of fuel into their hull  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which 1 of our members would have a fuel filler mishap and put 150ltrs of fuel into their hull

• Shortie
    • Ellicat
    • Haines
    • Crazywalrus

Going by the facts its gotta be Shortie.

The Sir Chundalot has a 120L fuel tank.

Eddies has a 140l

Apparently Ecat's isnt 100.

So, Good stuff Richard :woohoo:

mine is only 100l

:/

Give me a yell when you need some help recarpeting etc! :kiss:

Thanks Jarryd

I will put my hand up. It was 4.00am on Tuesday morning and Lance and I stopped to refuel at Newmarket. I put the fuel nozel into the filler cap which I checked. We where chatting away and at the same time we both thought gee this is taking a while to fill. I went around the back of the boat to see 150l of fuel on the floor of the boat. The over heads are having a good bath in the petrol. I jump aboard - did i put it in the Rod holder???? no The bloody hose had come loose off the filler cap coming from the tank. I closer inspection the boat builder had not put a clamp on. I was mighty pissed at this time. So with 150l in the boat there was no where to get rid of the fuel. We decided to get rid of it on some grass.

so the long and the short of the $2.50 clamp missing the costs come to me are like this

$250 - 150l of fuel wasted

$300 - $800 the carpet is gone as the glue dissolved

$200 - Had a box of leader on the floor and it dissolved the leader

$250 - $500 All the overheads and Lances reels need servicing

As you can see I am more than pissed. Certainly has hit the wallet and I will not be fishing for a while.

Going by the facts its gotta be Shortie.

The Sir Chundalot has a 120L fuel tank.

Eddies has a 140l

Apparently Ecat's isnt 100.

So, Good stuff Richard :woohoo:

mine is only 100l

:/

Give me a yell when you need some help recarpeting etc! :kiss:

Thanks Jarryd

I will put my hand up. It was 4.00am on Tuesday morning and Lance and I stopped to refuel at Newmarket. I put the fuel nozel into the filler cap which I checked. We where chatting away and at the same time we both thought gee this is taking a while to fill. I went around the back of the boat to see 150l of fuel on the floor of the boat. The over heads are having a good bath in the petrol. I jump aboard - did i put it in the Rod holder???? no The bloody hose had come loose off the filler cap coming from the tank. I closer inspection the boat builder had not put a clamp on. I was mighty pissed at this time. So with 150l in the boat there was no where to get rid of the fuel. We decided to get rid of it on some grass.

so the long and the short of the $2.50 clamp missing the costs come to me are like this

$250 - 150l of fuel wasted

$300 - $800 the carpet is gone as the glue dissolved

$200 - Had a box of leader on the floor and it dissolved the leader

$250 - $500 All the overheads and Lances reels need servicing

As you can see I am more than pissed. Certainly has hit the wallet and I will not be fishing for a while.

Ohhhh man that sucks !!!!!!!!!

That gotta be the worst horror story i have heard in ages Ted.

Imagine if you had a spark or a short from somewhere.

I would definately be sending them a bill for that one, MSQ might be interested too.

Mate that sort of stuff really gets on my goat....you guys could have been seriously hurt or even worse.

It's good to see that nobody was hurt though.

That would b a pisser Ted, but don't let it dampen your spirits of hitting the water champ...

Your reports, sledging and antics of surmising dull situations in good humor will leave it boring on the forums...

If you stripping it down and need someone to check over wiring, let me know. Happy to drop around and assist anytime.

Archived