Exploring "Lost World".

Angus

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice report guys! Looks like a great session there.

Kriso - Would hate for that car boot to come down on those reels, would do about 10 grands worth of damage! :P

Ha the reels were carefully packed away after the photo was taken, those reels seem to be treated better than some peoples children lol

Oh by the way I have been getting sharked a lot lately on light gear. Well twice which is a lot for me.

Now I cant exactly say I was sharked today for obvious reasons (no sharks).

But I had the closest fresh water comparisson.

I hooked a small (8-10cm) spangled and was skull dragging it when to my pants soiling surprise a large form moves out from the shadows and engulfs the spangled whole and spits my lure at the same time. You can imagine my face...

I am 90% sure it was a cos based purely on size. Although I concede things can looks deceptive in the water so it could have been a Yella. If it was a yella though OMG it was a good one!

Angus

stick with the thought that it was a cod angus. makes for a better story of the one that got away:lol: :lol:

Oh by the way I have been getting sharked a lot lately on light gear. Well twice which is a lot for me.

Now I cant exactly say I was sharked today for obvious reasons (no sharks).

But I had the closest fresh water comparisson.

I hooked a small (8-10cm) spangled and was skull dragging it when to my pants soiling surprise a large form moves out from the shadows and engulfs the spangled whole and spits my lure at the same time. You can imagine my face...

I am 90% sure it was a cos based purely on size. Although I concede things can looks deceptive in the water so it could have been a Yella. If it was a yella though OMG it was a good one!

Angus

stick with the thought that it was a cod angus. makes for a better story of the one that got away:lol: :lol:

I reckon it was a fast moving turtle !

I have used the best scientific tools available (to me at my place) and we I think know it is 447mm in length.

My novelty prize cheque can be made out to "Mr Jeebus".

The location was slightly harder to ascertain, but I have narrowed it down to either the Breaka Beach at South Bank OR the ponds at Roma Street Parklands.

SHAME, SHAME, SHAME!

I'm a little late here with my post but what an awesome day. Absolutely amazing scenery and in wish I had actually take my slr out with us on the trek. It's amazing how quickly big bass and beautiful views can sober you up.

That first bass hit my lure on the first cast as in was trying to free my line from a golden orb web. I wasn't even watchin the lure when "boof" it was gone.

Can't wait to head out there again.

It was funny... Through the day Angus and I were. Commenting on how much ryanyoung and Jamesw would have been creaming themselves in a spot like that.

I'm sure there is gonna be another "going fishing" post from us the nest time we head there.

I'm a little late here with my post but what an awesome day. Absolutely amazing scenery and in wish I had actually take my slr out with us on the trek. It's amazing how quickly big bass and beautiful views can sober you up.

That first bass hit my lure on the first cast as in was trying to free my line from a golden orb web. I wasn't even watchin the lure when "boof" it was gone.

It was funny... Through the day Angus and I were. Commenting on how much ryanyoung and Jamesw would have been creaming themselves in a spot like that.

I'm sure there is gonna be another "going fishing" post from us the nest time we head there.

id be dead keen to get that "cod" for yas! :P

Its good down there ay, yous should try hitting up running creek that the lions road follows down the border ranges you would like, awesome fishing

nice area that ,we have camped beside running creek ,did the drive over the border on lions road ,some great stuff to see.

Lions Rd is a great drive too, just a bonus if there are bass around aswell ;)

id be dead keen to get that "cod" for yas! :P

Yep, I'll fight ya for him Jimmybob ha ha ha!!! Assuming of course you are the one that gets snagged, and I put a precision cast into the spot YOU were aiming at. I reckon it is time for a bit of payback lol.

As I said earlier fellas, a great report, that has got me drooling for another jungle-bash.....Wait out for my next near-future trip into the weeds.

Cheers,

Ryan.

Archived