2011 State Of Origin - Awesome Weekend!

Angus

well guys what a weekend! Ill get a front page report up soon but wanted to say and ask a few quick things.

Firstly thanks so much to everyone that came and competed. I personally had a brilliant time catching up with the stalwarts and was really happy to meet so many new faces. I hope everyone had a great time in turn.

The location was fantastic. Shame about the on site management :P

The quality of fish was outstanding. Some of the whiting where amazing and each cateogry was taken out by a genuine quality fish of its respetive species.

Photo's: Guys if you have any images please feel to make galleries in the photo gallery section. We probably have most of them but I am writing my Bush and Beach article over the next few hours and would love to see any I may not have.

Sponsors: Huge thanks to Searing Tackle, Obsession Fishing, Austackle and Fishing Mania for their support. Awesome prize pool well received by the competitors.

I have forgotten stuff but will address it in the official report :)

Angus

What an awesome weekend! It was great to catch up with the few people I have already met and also to meet many new ones. Thankyou to all that put it together I'm already looking forward to the next one, but if you have it there again I'll bring some capsicum spray for the glorified cleaner :whistle: . Disappointed I didn't get to stay in camp and listen to all the shite being thrown around though :lol: . Can't wait to read the full report and check out some of te monster fish that got caught.

Cheers,

Anthony.

myself and kylie would like to thank angus and johnny for putting on another great event. B) well done.

fishing was a bit tough, however we did manage to catch a couple including kylie's p.b trev of 54cm and myself with an average sized bream of 31cm which scored me 2nd place :woohoo:

once again it was a top weekend, and good to catch up and say hello to some of the old :P and meet some of new.

cheers everyone.

hopefully we'll make it to the brc, see ya then. :cheer:

by the way, the award for the biggest toser goes to the guy that runs the caravan park :P

Hi guys, just like to add my thanks to Angus and the boys for the running of the comp.

Good to meet everyone, as Angus said some great fish and to have 3 whiting over 42cm with only 1cm between all 3 is good fishing.

Like they say a close game is a good game, seemed like a good location to hold the event, sorry to hear about the management side of things. cheers wayne

Sponsors: Huge thanks to Searing Tackle, Obsession Fishing, Austackle and Fishing Mania for their support. Awesome prize pool well received by the competitors.

Angus

Forgot to mention Searing Tackle as a sponsor as well! Sorry Rob! Brains a bit muddled after a huge weekend.

Angus

Angus

Forgot to mention Searing Tackle as a sponsor as well! Sorry Rob! Brains a bit muddled after a huge weekend.

All good bro, enjoyed the pics

seems like i need to make a few calls ???? scrotes effort at 3.30 am at bruns will take some beating, im sure that will jolt some memories in the attendees of that comp.. hahaheahhe

health dramas have kept me out for a couple of yrs ...suxz ... but will definitely be there next yr ... great job again Gus and Johnny. ...

Just for the record the issue with the management was not self induced. It commenced within 1 minute of arrival. We did in fact head off site each night to the pub so we didnt need to deal with them.

The issue was simply an irate attitude, often openly hostile for no aparant reason.

Really odd and I would never consider going back.

If you dont like putting on a smile for people, dont work in hospitality.

If we had stayed up late, carried on, caused trouble I would understand, but this was far from the case as anyone present would attest to.

Maybe Bruns next year, or somewhere else down south (Ballina? Yamba?). But def not JAcobs Well sad to say as the waterway is awesome!

Angus

yep. fantastic weekend with the usual plentiful laughs and all the AFO characters get to come out of their wierdo closets. Ellicat holding the banner at the front of the pack :D

The rain certainly made it interesting the Sat morning and the foul mouth of the manager really needed a serving from the likes of a Tomca. I laugh at the thought if Kriso was in the cabin with me and was there for the serving.

Well done all competitors and I hope you guys get some good fish on those rods :)

Another issue to emphasise that we are not over reacting by slamming this guy was the check out agreement.

When I originally booked I was told that anyone booking for the purpose of the fishing comp would get a late check out so the presentation etc could go smoothly and we all pack up after. Then poor Ray getsz evicted early and was told "he booked after that arrangement"!!!

a: The arrangement was never put into a time frame and

b: Ray was one of the first to book anyway!

They were also looking to kick Do$tylz and his crew out early but they had already packed up. The berating Do$tylz got for leaving his cabin in a mess was insane, and in front of the entire competing crew. By the sound of I thought the lads in cabin two must have left bottles everywhere, a dirty floor, dirty dishes etc. Turned out, due to the fact that the bin was so small there was an empty carton on the bench filled with empty bottles. That was it! Dishes were done, floor cleaned. Crazy.

Angus

It was the first time I met henry and to be honest I always thought you were a good bloke now i know your a rude rubbish leaving mess making grub who cant clean up! lol :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Personaly I thought you handled it well I dont think I would have been so calm and collected

Henry did handle it well, personally I was waiting for Mick to walk up and smack the bloke hahaha, he was getting pretty fired up for a bit there :lol:

For sure.... I have a new patch of hair on my chest after drinking that golden ale

First prize to Ted for his home brew.

Cheers

Ray

The AP was a great brew. However I think the new patch of hair on your chest might be mine after it fell out following a go at the other brews. :lol:

Had a ripper weekend and fished almost as much as everyone else did on the Saturday thanks to the storm.

It was not easy having to be available at all hours for meet and greets though but thanks to Ted's brews and my friend Jim Beam I managed to have a chat to almost everyone....and that's the reason I head to these comps/events. Great social.

Thanks to everyone one involved including visitors. I hope you guys will all be there again next year for another chin wag and drink.

Almost forgot..

Thanks to Booty for the Decky spot on Saturday. The fishing was really tough for most but he was able to put us onto the fish.

Booty hauled in a new species and therefore PB. I haven't found my camera yet but it was a Fringe-eye flathead.

I managed the possible never-happened-before-achievement of pulling in a PB and New species combo with this "eye" on a 2" shrimp in banana prawn -

post-564-144598694207_thumb.jpg

My family were/are very happy with the great bag of whiting I caught. Some real thumpers amongst them. Embarrassingly the bag was plastic and supplied by Youngy. So thanks very much to Wayne for that. Just a pity you wouldn't let me take pictures of them on a brag mat :whistle:

:P:lol:

Archived