Suburbs Of Origin 2020 - Team South Champions

The Mad Hughesy

7 hours ago, christophagus said:

As said before im happy to arrange trophies for each category and for each winner of TEAM SOUTH if you would like one. Completely up to you (cost of trophy + postage if you want one). Just PM me if youd like me one and ill get the ball rolling

Looks like everyone is very happy, and loves the comp. 

We should do more than one AFO competition each year I reckon. I've read some old threads about the BRC (Brisbane River Classic), but haven't seen them on recently. Brian, would you know what happened to them?

christophagus, we would love a trophy. I'll send the PM.

Cheers Hamish

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

I think the interest in it waned as the dynamic of the forum changed. The river was fishing better when it was in its hayday.

Rightio. Seemed like a good event and all, but if there's no competitors it can't be a competition 🙂 

Wish I was old enough to compete back then, Lol 

Cheers Hamish

1 minute ago, Breaming with bro said:

Tbh I think team south were great but come on team north I feel like you just enter for the banter I expected team north to have atleast a quarter of entries on the leader board come on guys you’re  going to have to work harder next comp 

Plenty of people were fishing. 

Cobiaaddict, Leosonfire, benno573 - they all tried mate! 🙂 Just because they caught no fish and you didn't hear about it you can't then expect that they weren't fishing. 

Cheers Hamish

P.S. And GregOug's boat was up for a service... 

Yea that’s pretty unlucky it’s probably to cold atm for the best fishing. explains team north for getting small fish atleast we tried anyway shouldn’t this comp be in summer 

1 hour ago, benno573 said:

I did try... i landed fish from 5 categories.  I didn’t get to posting an entry because of the below:

- biggest flathead 34cm

- biggest whiting 31cm

- biggest bream 31cm

- biggest trevally 24cm

- biggest mulloway about 30cm

So... long story short... I need the next comp to line up with a planned trip to Moreton. 😂

Good job anyway Benn0573 and the rest of team north at least we tried 

13 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

We've got three and you've got one, doo-dahh, doo-dahh ............. 🤣

Thanks for running the comp again @christophagus - I think this year's format worked really well. Next year Northside will need to make sure @crazywalrus, @dhess and @Dinodadog submit an entry.

@kmcrosby78 Dom and I are above fishing for those inshore guppies 😛

14 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

We've got three and you've got one, doo-dahh, doo-dahh ............. 🤣

Thanks for running the comp again @christophagus - I think this year's format worked really well. Next year Northside will need to make sure @crazywalrus, @dhess and @Dinodadog submit an entry.

I almost thought they did. 

I was surprised to see my 78 take out the snaps. That 90+ they got was the winner imo. 

• 1 month later...