SOO campsite

crazywalrus

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noname wrote:

i can spot ya 1 for the weekend if ya want to borrow it.

Rob i was gunna shotgun that one you bought me for somerset ????? dont think the swag will endure a weekend of rain :laugh: then again maybe not sleeping will save waking up wet... :blink:

Mal the tent im talking about is pretty much the same size as the swag so it wont take up any more room, just more ropes for ya to trip over :huh:

ellicat wrote:

Do you have a smaller tent ?

I have a 3 man available and Rob noname has about 312 tents. :laugh:

Thanks ellicat and noname for the generous offers,I have a 3/4 man dome that I`ll take.On the bright side, it`s less bulk to take.

Davo..The tent`s beyond restitching.The roofs been getting a bit thinner for years,its had plenty of use.

It`s was with me a long time,in fact,longer than 2 ex`s :laugh::laugh::laugh:

cheers

Travis wrote:

...... dont think the swag will endure a weekend of rain :laugh: then again maybe not sleeping will save waking up wet... :blink:

Well I couldn't let that comment slip past.....

Don't you remember waking up wet last year, Trav ? (After wetting it yourself) Trav_wet_the_bed_hahahahahaha_just_stirring_mate-20100725.jpgBedwetter2-20100725.jpg

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Turns out I have a camping site all to myself. They have put me on T140, which looks like smack bang in the midle of a sewer man hole, blue country :S .

Ill be having a few bevs in your camp i rekkon.... stir the pot a bit

Travis wrote:

Keen-as-fisho wrote:
Turns out I have a camping site all to myself. They have put me on T140, which looks like smack bang in the midle of a sewer man hole, blue country :S .

Ill be having a few bevs in your camp i rekkon.... stir the pot a bit

thats not like you to do that :laugh: :laugh:

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Stay strong Dennis! - Don't let them tempt you with any of that south of the border beer!

Scope wrote:

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Stay strong Dennis! - Don't let them tempt you with any of that south of the border beer!

:laugh: I'm a 4X man, always have been always will be, if I'm gonna drink imported beer it'll be corona B)

ellicat wrote:

Travis wrote:
...... dont think the swag will endure a weekend of rain :laugh: then again maybe not sleeping will save waking up wet... :blink:

Well I couldn't let that comment slip past.....

Don't you remember waking up wet last year, Trav ? (After wetting it yourself) Trav_wet_the_bed_hahahahahaha_just_stirring_mate-20100725.jpgBedwetter2-20100725.jpg

Thats a big night on the pi$$ when than happens

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Keen as, if you are 'keen as' you can swap with me and have T6 on the corner which would get you out of the NSW compound (and give me some degree of safety as I will be fishing for the blues?)

I will be there about 10am Friday for the 2 nights.

just had a text today from lozzel i think, reckons they had 100mm of rain last nite and its pissing down again went for fish and couldnt raise a scale , they reckon weather should be clear by friday so thats good, reckon it will be a tough comp this year - also glad i will be nice and dry in a cabin lol!

bootyinblue wrote:

Keen-as-fisho wrote:

Keen as, if you are 'keen as' you can swap with me and have T6 on the corner which would get you out of the NSW compound (and give me some degree of safety as I will be fishing for the blues?)

I will be there about 10am Friday for the 2 nights.

Might just take you up on that offer B) Is that site powered? Not that it maters, I'm sure I'll be able to scab some power to charge a battery.

Well if there is too much fresh coming down the river i guess we'll all be on the walls chasing the big tailor and jewies !!

Going to make for a difficult comp, Lozzel reckons he couldn't raise a scale today??

Hey Kreel I got it wrong Aus_Bass is on site 141, so he's the guy from lismore I suppose!! Sorry mate??

Cheers

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

look like i will be bring the big tarp and 2 room tent (i have been to busy to fix the 1 room tent ) and i'm not sleeping in a 3 person dome tent ,that u can't even stand up in .

i would rather bring the tinny down over the popup van and the canoe .

did that last year ,no kids this year no need for the van.

even thought the van has new canvas and is nice and warm to much of a pain to bring for 2 people .

so what was i talking about ............oh yeah the tarp .

its 30 x20 feet so it will cover the whole site .

we have mookysticks on our site too so there will be tarp room for her and should be enough room to hang out under too .

the tarp mite be a bit to big for 1 site ,see when i fold it out .

mite be able to cover Malcolm and trav or jeff and ellicats site too ,or something .

anyways with all the afo and ncf peeps on the water front ,i reckon there will be enough cover and somewhere to hang out .

plan change .

i'm working tomorrow morning ,doing 4 hrs then come home pack and head down .

hopefully get there before dark ,plans have changed some .

travel light ,small tarp and sleep in the car and maybe take the canoe or mite just land base it.

boat ,canoe or land based i still have about the same chances of catting fish ,which is mostly luck .

think i will mostly be social and chill and have a casual fish .

going super light with gear .2 chairs ,esky ,small tarp ,table and a light .

oh and some fishing gear.

Archived