2012 Summer Classic - Noosa!

AFO

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

getting excited for this, hope the rains stay away and the system gets a chance to recover.

i just booked our site and saw on the conditions that they don't allow check-ins past 17:00. not sure if we'll be able to get time off work (friday) to get there before that so we might need to arrange with someone to check me in and just text me the code for the gate (or however they do it).

at this stage tina is 50/50 so there may be a deckie spot in the chance she doesn't come.

cheers

eug

getting excited for this, hope the rains stay away and the system gets a chance to recover.

i just booked our site and saw on the conditions that they don't allow check-ins past 17:00. not sure if we'll be able to get time off work (friday) to get there before that so we might need to arrange with someone to check me in and just text me the code for the gate (or however they do it).

at this stage tina is 50/50 so there may be a deckie spot in the chance she doesn't come.

cheers

eug

eug I rang and spoke to them and they said if your there before dark it should be o.k.

River update:

I had a quick fish yesterday afternoon in the lower half of the river. Woods bay had heaps of fish marking on the sounder and the odd chop on the surface which looked like decent Trevally. I couldnt hook any though. I fished with conventional gear and fly, down sizing and upsizing. I ended up catching a Grunter there on a Jackal. I waited around until 6:15 hopeful that the Trevs would really fire up on dark but it was quite the opposite, it went dead quiet.

Plan B: I hit the boat hire jetties with a reaction strike vibe in a clear/Brown colour hopeful of nailing a low light Jack. Ended up catching a few average bream hopping the vibe inbetween the structure. Biggest was about 25cm estimated.

River was a really clear brown colour. The tide was coming in but the water was still running out. Lots of fresh around.

Other reports from face book friends is that the river is fishing very slow at the moment. Hopefully the sun will stay out over the next few weeks and the fishing will improve. Noosa shuts down quick but recovers quickly as well :).

Another NOOSA River update:

Fishing this morning was slow at times but it had its moments and on a positive note there are some big fish lurking about.

I fished Woods BAy from first light until 7am along with about 20 other boats. I hooked and busted off a decent jew in the first 15 minutes on a squidgy 100mm wrigle tail with 8lb leader and didnt get a hit there after. Didnt see any other boats hooked up, Lots of bait and bigger fish marking on the sounder though. I did see a meter plus shark jump clean out of the water and do a twist with a half pike which was awesome.

I spoke to Mick Fillet On Saturday who had told me he caught a few Grunter to 55cm at the North shore barge crossing that morning so I hit the same area for the last of the run up after woods bay. Ended up landing 2 grunter to 26cm and 3 Bream to 28cm on 3 inch smelt gulps. Didnt get the stonker grunter I was hoping for but had fun. When the tide stopped running in things went very quiet. I persisted waiting for it to turn and just as the tide started to run out I hooked and pulled the hook on either a decent giant herring or small threadfin about 50-60 cm as it hit the surface in the distance and thrashed about. I fished the run out for about an hour but landed nothing else.

The clean water on top of the tide is pushing up to the marina now, plenty of prawns jumping about in the lower reaches. The water at the north shore barge was dirty but only on the surface, whenever a boat went past their prop churned up the cleaner water.

Hopefully we dont get too much more rain and the fish will head up stream.

post-9694-144598753042_thumb.jpg

Another update:

It was stinking hot day up here so I spent a few hours on the Noosa river this afternoon chasing a Barra.Unfortunately none were landed or hooked, the water was very dirty and fresh however I landed a 34cm Jack on a 66mm Greedy guts and a couple of catfish.

river update.

as carter already said,i was up the noosa region for a few days and in the short time i fished it i managed a veriety of fish.heaps of grunter and bream,2 small jew,2trevs 1 bigeye 1 gt. alot of small flatties and the crabs were goin nuts. i was up there camping with a few mates and each of us caught a legal buck muddie on the line. 7 muddies were caught in total and lunch was awsome B) the noosa river rocks.

the beach had lots of weed and at the mouth near the frying pan was a bit clearer it was dartarama in the beach break with a few tiny tailor caught it the wash and a few whiting were caught and 1 really nice flatty by my mate just round the corner on the inside of the mouth. (all land based)

go into events and click on Summer Classic, right hand side click on,view all,under User Photos

Thats just people that have RSVP'd to the calendar event though.

Many people get trigger happy and RSVP without reigstering and many people register who dont look at the calendar events. In short it has very little bearing on who is actually attending.

And the properly answer the question, no there is not an entrants list posted.

Angus

I am taking my boat up Brian.

We are doing the 3 days at Noosa and then heading over to Borumba for about 5 days on the Toga.

I dont know at this stage how much fishing I will get done but the time away will do me good.

I hear that beer thins your blood a bit so my medication is all taken care of. :P:P:P

Thanks mate

go into events and click on Summer Classic, right hand side click on,view all,under User Photos

Thats just people that have RSVP'd to the calendar event though.

Many people get trigger happy and RSVP without reigstering and many people register who dont look at the calendar events. In short it has very little bearing on who is actually attending.

And the properly answer the question, no there is not an entrants list posted.

Angus

Event Headquarters (HQ) will be announced closer to the date, but will be located in the Noosa River vicinity, Noosa. The Event Headquarters is where you need to report for weighing-in (submitting photo entries) and prize presentation. The 2012 Summer Classic fishing competition will commence at 00:00am Friday 17th February 2012 and conclude at 12:00pm Sunday 19th February, with the prize presentation commencing at 12:30pm.

ENTRY FEE AND REGISTRATION:

If you register early for this event you can save with Early Bird rates. If entry fees are paid before 10th January 2012 the fee is $25 per competitor. Entries made after this date but before the competition are $40 per competitor. You can register on the day, however this can only be done at the Event HQ and only cash payments will be accepted. The fee for registering on the day at the event is $60 per competitor and the entry fee must be paid and report for briefing done before you commence fishing to be eligible to weigh-in. Entry forms not correctly filled out will render the entrants ineligible for the prize and trophy draw. All competitors will be able to sign-in online before the event and will be emailed the Unique Item and Angler Number so you will be able to start fishing first thing Friday morning. All fish photos however will need to be brought in to Event HQ to have them recorded. Event HQ will be manned 9am -12 midday Saturday and Sunday with BBQ and Prize Presentation after 12 midday on the Sunday. The Event HQ will be open from 9am - 12pm each day to submit entries of fish (if you need to turn up outside these hours to submit entries you may need to contact an event staff member to ensure someone is around). The night before the event each angler will receive a unique Competitor Number which will be used to identify them throughout the competition. Ensure you keep this number and return it to organisers at the prize presentation for inclusion in a possible lucky door prize. No number means no chance for lucky door prize.

BOUNDARIES:

The boundaries for the competition are from the mouth/bar of the Noosa River up river as far as you can go. Entrants may fish anywhere in between these limits. Entrants are advised to seek authority from private owners if intending to fish from the bank of privately owned land.

PRIZES:

There will be alot of prizes on offer for all categories as well as some fantastic fishing gear, tackle and accessories. At this stage we are still finalising the fishing gear prizes which we hope to have finalised soon.

LUCKY DOOR PRIZES:

There will be a lucky door prize at this event. At the prize presentation, we will put all Competitor Numbers into a hat and draw it randomly. Good luck!

2 seats on “Bite Me Charters” (RRP $600)

1 x Bias Boating Voucher (RRP $250)

2 Seats on "Whyteline Sportfishing Charter" (RRP $400)

2 x Subscriptions to Barra, Bass & Bream

1 x Night For 2 At The "Noosa Fishing Shack" (RRP $150)

PRIZE CATEGORIES:

1) LONGEST BASS

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Gunslinger (RRP $500)

2nd:- Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: -Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $50)

2) LONGEST MANGROVE JACK

The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Mangrove Jack over the course of the competition.

1st:- Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Jaeger (RRP $520)

2nd: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: - Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $150)

3) LONGEST FLATHEAD

This category will consist of any Flathead species. The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Flathead over the course of the competition.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Nordic Stage Areal Gunslinger (RRP $500)

2nd - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Pontoon 21/Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $175)

3rd: - Damiki Lure Pack (RRP $50)

4) BONUS FISH - LONGEST BARRAMUNDI

The prize for this category will be presented to the angler who submits the longest Barramundi caught over the course of the competition.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack & Fishing Mania Tournament Shirt & Damiki Lure Prize Pack (RRP $320)

5) JUNIOR ANGLER

This category will consist of the best fish submitted by a junior competitor (12 or under) during the competition. The winner of the best Junior Miscellaneous Fish will be the child whose fish scores highest in the event's miscellaneous ranking table.

1st: - Fishing Mania Lure Prize Pack (RRP $100)

2nd: - Reaction Strike Cap

3rd: - Reaction Strike T-Shirt

STANDARD EVENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

By agreeing to compete in the 2012 Summer Classic fishing competition you also agree to our Standard Event Rules and Conditions which can be found Here

EVENT REGISTRATION:

Registration is done by going to www.australianfishing.com.au and click on Competitions > Event Registration from the main menu or simply following this link here. Now simply follow the easy process and pay online

If paying direct deposit our bank details are:-

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

and you MUST put your Event Name and Competitor Name in the transaction description/ reference. eg SC2012-D.SMITH (eg SC2012 for Summer Classic 2012 and D.SMITH for David Smith)

Please make all cheques/money orders payable to ‘Brisbane Fishing Online’ and note that your registration will only occur after money has cleared into our account. Post cheques and money orders to Brisbane Fishing Online, PO Box 1574 Milton Qld 4064

Registration fee payments can be done by Paypal, Direct Deposit, Cheque and Money Order (cash only if paying and registering at the event)

Please make sure you read and understand the information and rules above as well as our Standard Event Rules and Conditions before registering. If you experience any problems registering please email the admin team or post in the Summer Classic category in the AFO forum (you will need to be a AFO member to access the forum)

EVENT SPONSORS:

Searing Tackle - Damiki/Pontoon 21

Whyteline Sportfishing Charters

Barra, Bass & Bream

The Noosa Fishing Shack

Obsession Fishing/Nordic Stage Fishing Rods

Bias Boating

Not long now!

Remember the HQ is at the Appollonian Hotel!

Has a book-in time been posted for Friday ? (or is it by email again ?)

Who is heading up Thursday ?

Who is heading up Friday ? What time ?

People should be emailed their numbers.

I realise that the overview presently says a Saturday and Sunday HQ however I will talk to other admin tonight about being there on the Friday as well for those that want to register on the day (there has been a lot of enquiry RE this).

If nothing else I think ill rock up on the friday morning for any that make it then.

Ill make some further clarifications tonight.

Looking forward to this event!

Angus

Well 'The Force's' plans are in disarray..... no not really. But I sent our detailed game plan to an email address that Freshy no longer uses so its been sitting there for a week. Talk about being organised.

But seriously we are heading up Friday to set up camp, put the rum on ice and have a prefish. Do you think I have things in the wrong order, cause I don't.

Will be up there Friday arvo to set up and then straight out on the water, should have the winning barra in the bag by Friday evening :silly:

By all means, you can have the winning barra in your bag Friday evening and be the overnight champ, but it will be our barra that we weigh in on Sunday which will seal the victory :cheer: :evil: :side:

I'm coming up on friday morning. Probably come and say g'day before lunch, then fish the rest of the afternoon. :)

Anyone yakking it on friday afternoon? I'm planning on hitting the mouth to chase some flathead.

My plan so far is to chase flathead on friday afternoon, bass on saturday morning, jacks on saturday afternoon, and maybe sleep in on sunday! :lol:

Archived