China's preparation for the Olympics!

kriso

bootyinblue wrote:

Kevin....

If you really want to push thr envelope of respect and what is offensive, then I was highly offended at the PM which you sent to another member on this site saying the 'Chinese will have the last laugh when they take over Australia'.

Now that is offensive to me and I am sure a lot of other people on here and is way outside the bounds of the code of conduct of the site.

Its never too late to report something....

Obvioulsy that member didn't get the meaning of the P in PM......:blink: :dry: :unsure: :laugh: :woohoo:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do$tylz wrote:

Kev and BlueEvil.... guys these were posted as just a bit of a laugh. I'm full asian and I think its hilarious. No need to be offended. its funny.

If you are offended, don't look at them. Simple. Please disregard this entire thread if you don't like it.

And so what if he got the countries wrong.... jeezus. Its all part of the funny part of the joke. Even if it is wrong who gives a toss. No need to turn this humour thread into a "I'm angry coz you offended me coz your laughing at someone else" thread.

Thanks Dostylz, great points.

I just had a look back through the Humor thread and the butt of jokes for the past week or so has included: Irish, Aussies, Catholics, Scots, Blondes, Priests, Kiwis, Americans, politicians, blind people, pregnant women etc.

everyone gets laughed at...it's nothing personal.

Rocket

I was in London in 1992 and went to a tube station just as a train was leaving, as it passed there was a billboard directly opposite me that said:

"Why do Aussies call it XXXX: because they can't spell BEER"

I pissed myself laughing! Being my first day in London and my first tube ride it was almost like they were directing the joke straight at me.

Just relax kev, they are merely poking fun at the translations thats all, no need to get all worked up, i thought some of them were pretty funny.. I'm sure the author didn't mean to offend anyone.. I'm chinese and I laugh at translations all the time..

Rocket75 wrote:

I just had a look back through the Humor thread and the butt of jokes for the past week or so has included: Irish, Aussies, Catholics, Scots, Blondes, Priests, Kiwis, Americans, politicians, blind people, pregnant women etc.

everyone gets laughed at...it's nothing personal.

Rocket

Kev...

Other mods might disagree, but I don't see anythign wrong with this thread.

As Rocket has pointed out everyone cops a flogging in jokes here. This thread is no different, the only difference is its not taking the piss out of the english, kiwis, yanks but the chinese. Ok, so some of the photos are actually japanese or korean, oh well.

If there's one thing I like about where we live (AUSTRALIA), people aren't afraid to take the piss out of each other, or others. We don't take things too seriously either, unlike some other places (*cough* america *cough*)

So relax, have a beer, and welcome to Australia mate!

Feel free to post up some jokes that take the piss out of Australia.

Am I the only one who noticed there was more than one person offended by this thread?

Of course most of us Aussies would agree that it in our opinion is harmless, but if more than one person states that it has upset them, then shouldn't we be big enough to at least say sorry?

Something Aussies are bloody good at is having a laugh at ourselves and our mistakes. It's hard for us to understand (speaking for myself) that people could be offended by mistakes made in their country.

Im sure these pics were never meant to offend, i found them funny and Kreel's story about the XXXX is halarious!

Feral wrote:

On the same topic, I see they moved Darcy's court date to after the team is supposed to leave for China.

I wonder if he will be smart enough to subpeona the whole team, coaches and all, as witnesses?

Now that would be funny Feral

Heath

Dan23 wrote:

Am I the only one who noticed there was more than one person offended by this thread?

Of course most of us Aussies would agree that it in our opinion is harmless, but if more than one person states that it has upset them, then shouldn't we be big enough to at least say sorry?

no your just one of the few that think we shouldnt have control on what we think is funny or not. i have done nothing wrong so i certainly wont apologise to kevin who instead of sending me a PM and telling me his problem rationly decided to kill a thread that i put up for people to enjoy and also threaten me.

kriso wrote:

no your just one of the few that think we shouldnt have control on what we think is funny or not. i have done nothing wrong so i certainly wont apologise to kevin who instead of sending me a PM and telling me his problem rationly decided to kill a thread that i put up for people to enjoy and also threaten me.

If this is truly the case I think its about time Kevbay was spoken to as it again steps way outside the code of conduct of the site.

Feral wrote:

On the same topic, I see they moved Darcy's court date to after the team is supposed to leave for China.

I wonder if he will be smart enough to subpeona the whole team, coaches and all, as witnesses?

Feral that would certainly provide a more intelligent discussion point than what this thread has degenerated into.

Time to lock it mods? Maybe lock it up and let the boys roll around on the grass and sort it out:P

YAWN I'm off to bed. Nothing worth reading on here tonight.:kiss:

so ur threatening me to stay out of ur thread? well, ok, i will. but DO KEEP CLEAR FROM MY THREADS!!!

don't teach me and dan how to release threadfin when we've caught near 40 and 35 of them r now taking baitfish happily. and don't be upset when i black out the pics, if u wanna get some of them, have a look at my signature, that's the best spot i can give away.

now deal?

Archived